Next manager

Can’t believe no one had said this is frankly abhorrent click bait yet

2 Likes

We might fire Arteta and hire Conte… Next year.
So… Might not be completely false. :disappointed:
We can only hope

1 Like

I want to believe it’s true, so I am scandalized that you all think it’s clickbait.

Harsh. :grin:

Lol. Arteta will do that to you. Thats probably my most used word in the last year… Somebody fire Arteta!! please!!

1 Like

We are never going to hire someone like Conte, not as long as the Kroenke’s own the club. If and when we fire Mikel, I except another underwhelming appointment.

This club right now isn’t big enough for Conte’s left testicle, never mind the whole of him.

2 Likes

Conte’s testicle alone worth a like from me

Random thought but I think Potter could do decent job with this current squad.

1 Like

Arteta 4/6 to be next manager to be sacked, miles ahead of anyone else. At least we’re top of 1 table!

Conte’s finally been added to the list for next manager since the last time we checked. Only problem is Eddie Howe has become 4 times more likely :joy:

5 Likes

It HAS to be Conte.

4 Likes

That’s a pretty shit list…For me, Rodgers first, if we can get him, then Conte, apart from those two, I don’t really fancy any of the others…

My choice would be Adi Hutter.

1 Like

Conte is the dream, but we’ve been in this situation before. Klopp was never approached. Pep never approached. Allegri interviewed bur never taken seriously. Poch not even approached. We won’t go for the sure fire manager who requires backing.

As has been stated already, Graham Potter is the most realistic prospect we can get. Despite results he has the team playing attractive football and gives them an identity. Says a lot we are trying to buy the players he’s been developing for 50m a pop :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Really?

BMG looked pretty bad yesterday and got rolled. He also worked under a strong DoF at Frankfurt right? We don’t have that infrastructure.

Not saying he’d be a bad hire, anyone would be better right now, but we need to fire Edu and hire a DoF to reduce the amount of power the coach has asap.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t we have kept Arsene like we did instead of approaching them though?

We won’t appoint a tier 1 manager

The kroenkes like a lapdog

3 Likes

They’ll go for someone young and cheap, which is fine if they’re going to install guardrails around that coach.

Get a DoF to do medium to longterm planning. The coach gets minimal input into transfers and we have to install some sort of playing identity from the top down. IDC if we’re going to become a micro penis bunker team, but at least shift recruitment (including hiring a coach) to reflect it. Arteta doesn’t have a plan. At least the next coach can’t have less experience.

1 Like

Feel free to go back and read through the history of what I said. I never said we should retain Arsene. I only said that our board/club are incompetent af and can’t be trusted to make a proper hire. Arsene is better than anyone we’ve hired subsequently managing wise. Buying players he struggled so a competent dof was called for. We had Arsene and Sven for less than a year before it was blown up. That combo is far and away better than anything we’ve seen since. So I was right that we’d go on to hire shitters.

1 Like

Offer Conte the job and 150m to spend over January and the following summer. Its really the only good answer.

We’ll have the makings of a good Conte team by next summer:

Gabriel, White, Saliba back three.

Partey as the string puller deep CM, Lokonga as his backup.

ESR, Odegaard, Saka rotating as the two AMs ahead of him.

Tierney LWB, new RWB signing.

Two of Auba, Pepe, Martinelli as the two strikers. Maybe you bring in a big name here next summer.

Feel like Conte would only need maybe two significant signings and he’d have that group firing.

2 Likes

I was thinking of a very similar team

Leno
New RB-White-Gabriel-Saliba-Tierney
Partey-Odegaard
Saka-Auba-Smith Rowe

That team slaps under Conte

5 Likes

That team would also have some bench options. Pepe, Martinelli, Balogun.

3 Likes