Next manager

Please stop at no 3

2 Likes

What he did getting Bournemouth to where they were was incredible, unfortunately a lot of managers are only remembered for their last season (which is generally their worst). Doesnā€™t help when your best few players all down tools /get injured.

Heā€™s ambitious, plays a good style of football and would probably come cheap. And he is only 5th on the list!

You really shouldnā€™t have a 5 or 6 on that list.

1 Like

A shortlist is always going to have 7+ on the list, especially when a few of them are more hopeful than likely targets.

So what other realistic targets would you guys go for then?

I couldnā€™t give a rats arse who comes cheap, I want QUALITY.

4 Likes

Iā€™d absolute hammer any of the first 3 on your list with Godly offers.

1 Like

Yeah but weā€™re talking about Kroenke now, so try again

I reckon itā€™s a myth Stan doesnā€™t pay up, we have a top 10 wage bill in Europe and have spent money lately, also Wenger was one of the highest paid managers in the world.

7 Likes

Yeah itā€™s a complete myth. The club just dropped Ā£45m up front on Partey and gave him generous wages. They also gave William and Aubameyang, two players on the wrong side of 30, very generous deals too.

The club clearly donā€™t have a problem spending money. People need to drop that rhetoric now.

The real issue is weā€™re doing dumb stuff like hiring managers with no experience or coaches who are proven to be non entities at the highest level.

7 Likes

Defoe said he canā€™t deal with big players only youngsters and he didnā€™t have a clue what to do with him.

If we give him the job we have 100 percent killed the club

After two Spaniards I think we should go for any manager other than a Spaniard šŸ¤·šŸ»

Having said that. Rafa did win a CL, won the league with Valencia against a very strong Barca side and won a few more cups with other clubs.

2 Likes

No Entry :es: :no_entry::no_entry::no_entry::no_entry:

:argentina: and :it: Allowed :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe even take a punt on Gallardo, the guy is another Bielsa disciple and has won everything with River plate. Different climate but very experienced and a winner plus will have us playing some sexy football.

2 Likes

Liverpool were hardly in a better place when they hired Kopp.

Itā€™s mainly about the financials - the wages and the conditions you offer to the potential manager AND the project you offer, whether he can fulfill his ambitions at the new place - every top managers always has ambitions, itā€™s not ONLY about money.

We do have enough money, I donā€™t doubt that. Weā€™re spending it already. (as @SRCJJ posted) But the project part is the questionable one. Do we really have te right people to support the new (top) manager with the recruitments, proper scouting etc? No manager in the world will do all that by himself. Wenger thought he could do itā€¦ Again Iā€™m saying, Deinā€™s departue highly probably had a MASSIVE impact on Wengerā€™s decline and the decline of the whole club.
No top manager, with the right mind, will just jump in somewhere unless he sees he has the right structure to work with.
The way weā€™ve been doing deals, with the players, in recent years, the deals with the stuff behind (Sven, Raul, the scouting team)ā€¦ Appointig former players just because theyā€™reā€¦ former players. Edu, Arteta etcā€¦ We donā€™t know what the fuck weā€™re doing.

Kroenke is not the issue really. We need competent people behind the manager both to attract him and support him, to work with him in the future. Before we get that I donā€™t think any manager in the world will transform us the way we all want.
Actually I could even see a scenario where we do manage to get a new top guy (Nagelsmann, Allegri etc), we sell him some story etcā€¦ and he lefts us shortly afterwards after he finds out what he has to work with.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve listened to TBG when Defoe was on, he came off very arrogant tbh.
Guy was complaining that the manager asked him to do things he never did before and then wondered why he wasnā€™t getting picked.

Freddie IN. Being serious I would rather Xhaka, Lacazette, mustafi get fired to the moon before we change managers.

They seem to do some black magic to club personnel here and thatā€™s the real issue.

3 Likes

Bring him in. Pay him what he wants

3 Likes

We need ALLEGRI

4 Likes

Get Poch NOWā€¦

4 Likes