Next manager

To be fair, it would be insane for our board to do otherwise.
They are at least consistent in their decision making so choosing the best man for the job won’t happen, it will always be the bare minimum.

Allegri, Pochettino, Rodgers or any other available top European manager will never come here while we have this board.

To make it worse, they aren’t going to sack Arteta either, unless we finish in the bottom half and even then they wil probablyl find an excuse to hang on to him.

Allegri obviously couldn’t come close to Emery in the PowerPoint stakes.

And couldn’t possibly flag up when Arteta became available after Emery failed.

That’s why I always say, screw the board.
They are the ones outlining the culture of the club, not Stan, not Arteta.
Only this kind of board would have such lame appointment and decision, one after another.
To say someone taking up our budget to sign better players, the board actually is.
They are the poison that preventing the club to move forward.

2 Likes

Maybe Arteta also has top notch PowerPoint skills :ok_hand: You can’t compete with that when applying to be a football manager.

2 Likes

Yeah, and he knows all the Excel shortcuts and formulas… :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter how many times you repeat it mate, Rodgers is not a top European manager lol

2 Likes

Now we should really go all in for Klopp mk2, Nagelsmann. Good chance to get him now, or at the end of the season… He has done everything he could there, I don’t think he has hopes to win the Bundesliga with Leipzig now… Bayern are happy with Flick, the most umportant issue.

Would be absolutely devastating if Man United got him in the end and he transforms them while we continue to drift.

2 Likes

Man City have tapped him up

Maybe not but there aren’t many better than him or as experienced in the PL and, let’s face it, the very few managers that are better than him, like Klopp or Guardiola, aren’t going to touch us with a barge pole.

We have to be realistic, of the managers we could get that would stop the downward spiral that Arteta is on, he is a great option.

I also include him in the same group as Pochettino, who was my favourite to take over from Emery so I’m not exclusively saying it should be Rodgers.

I’ve said I’d like any of Pochettino, Allegri, Nagelsmann, Haselhuttl, Tuchel, even Santo and there are plenty of others, so Rodgers isn’t my only choice but the would be an instant upgrade on what we have.

2 Likes

What’s his PL experience mate? Bottling a title with Liverpool which was largely nearly won by Suarez individual brilliance.

Or was it the fact he bottled a substantial top 4 lead last season and lost / drew the vast majority of games he played in 2020?

Or was it his multiple finishes outside of the top 4 with Liverpool lol

What about his record makes him a top coach??

I would say runner up in the PL with, as you say, a one man team and the rest of the squad pretty average, is a good achievement.
Winning nine league titles in a row with Celtic either isn’t shabby either and I don’t know what else he can do at Leicester.

As I said, I’m not exclusively in the Rodgers camp but to say he is a top manager and there aren’t many better than him in the PL, is not some sort of outrageous claim.

I would also like to point out that when we got Arteta, I was criticised for suggesting that either Rodgers or Mourinho would be a far better option than him and that I didn’t know what I was talking about but:

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 10.41.02
Maybe I’m not so stupid. :grinning:

2 Likes

He didn’t personally win all 9 mate haha.

He won 2 and a half. As he quit in the February of his third season.

Although he did win 8 domestic trophies in a row if that’s what you meant seeing as he done the treble twice and won the league cup a further time before he left.

I think this sums it up nicely.

Pocchettino preferably, but Rodgers is bettrr than what we have.

1 Like

That’s fair enough but he won the treble twice and they don’t look as strong as when he was there.

2 Likes

I agree with you there. Not seen a team dominate in Scotland like that in my lifetime before

1 Like

If big Nige Pearson came out and said he’d play Auba central…fuck it, if he just committed to dropping Lacazette, I’d give him a 5 year deal.

We are all armchair managers here, but it’s so frustrating when a couple of simple changes might provide big gains. Play to your best players strength (Auba central), bring on your best wing threat (Pépe) and drop the cunts who aren’t performing (Laca / Willian).

3 Likes

If any PL clubs really wanted Allegri, then they probably would have already hired him.

Inter links seem much more reliable.

Arteta is probably under zero pressure. The club has backed him a lot, and most of the fans seem to like him and his project.

5 Likes

Well it’s much easier right now without fans in the stadium for sure.
I think your probably right though and it might seem a bit of a free hit this season as well.
Not sure how long fans stay on board though. As much as the football is poor it’s not quite as toxic yet as the end of Wenger or Emery reigns.

1 Like

Maybe because they didn’t have the advantage of empty stadiums.

Well Wenger did at the end tbf

2 Likes