Next manager

5 Likes

You’d think he’d be sacked if Arsenal lose to Leicester City next week. But realistically we are talking about Arsenal here, they can easily give a run till the end of the season or ask him to resign in a month or so when players lose complete trust in him.

Benitez or Ljunberg would be a good short term replacement. I’d love to have Rodgers at Arsenal; he’ll bring couple of Leicester players with him as well.

Short term: Benitez / Ljunberg
Long term: Rodgers / Naglesmann

5 Likes

I think top 4 is over if they beat us next week.

So that should make them act. I’m with you on the Nags train, but Rodgers not so much (despite him being miles ahead of Bumery)

1 Like

Always had my reservations about Rodgers. His teams did play good eye catching football, but felt he would never be one of those managers who can deliver results consistently while playing an entertaining game. Also felt he was punching above his weight when he helped Swansea finish 10th/11th in their debut PL season, and more so when Liverpool came so close to winning the title in 2013-14. Neither did I take much notice when he helped Celtic claim trebles in back to back seasons, as the Scottish league is basically a one horse race. Though he hasn’t won anything with Leicester yet(and probably won’t), he has proven time and again he’s capable of assembling a good squad capable of bringing in the results while being so easy on the eye. Think we have to take the risk. Thinking long term, he’s arguably the best guy we can bring in who can help us play exciting football again whilst bringing in the results. Skeptical before, not so much now. Rodgers in!

2 Likes

It’s not over. Still far too early and we have good squad- 3rd or fourth best. It’s clearly over if we dilly dally too long with Emery.

1 Like

Was going down memory lane. The post where it all started to go wrong. :facepalm:

3 Likes

Look how I laughed it off as I was certain we wouldn’t give it to him :joy::joy:

1 Like

How were we to know, my friend.

5 Likes

apparently not it turns out

2 Likes

Gordon Brown. Never would have guessed! :smiley:

5 Likes

it’s not him either. :arteta:

Oh my god it’s true, we’re stuck with emery till the end of the season

1 Like

You guys can rest easy, Mourinho isn’t coming.

It’s a shame that we may have to deal with Emery for the rest of the season (I still doubt, as the situation has a lot more potential for toxicity) but that thread from that Valencia fan has put some things in perspective.

Imagine having Emery until the end of this season, then for another 2 years? :skull: :skull: :skull:

Btw apparently Allegri interviewed badly for the Arsenal job…

I’m on board the Rodgers hype train now. Upon reflection, I think he’s clearly developing a more balanced approach to the game in comparison to his gung ho Liverpool approach.

6 Likes

First of all, I don’t think it’s an “if” but a “when”. Secondly, I think top 4 is over if we plan to stick with Emery, no matter the result next week. However, if we lose to Leicester, and then the club does get rid of Emery, I wouldn’t write off top 4. Even with an inexperienced manager like Freddie at the helm, we have just too good a squad to not make top 4, which is why it’s so frustrating watching Emery fumble and bumble his way from one draw/defeat to another.

4 Likes

Freddie could be underwhelming though. Plus I think we are being a touch arrogant that we should be automatically in the four. Plus the culture at the Emirates has been one of players not stepping up to expectations at the best of times. Emery out but we are in a bit of a noman’s land scenario.

2 Likes

Give it to heavy d imo

2 Likes

Agreed. The Liverpool experience has served him greatly I think. He’s built on it and added a better balance to his teams.

1 Like

Rodgers has always been a good proactive coach and good with player development. The concerns where defensively that seem better now.
His European record has been a disappointment but if you think of the squad we have now it would be an exciting appointment. Don’t think it’ll happen though.
Not exactly on the Klopp levels of mismanagement but a miss nevertheless by sticking with Unai.

Niko Kovac gets the boot at Bayern. A guy who did the double in his first season.

Goes to show the expectations that different clubs demand.

We are seemingly happy to drive in second gear towards a cliff edge that is still about 5 miles away. Moving inexorably towards the inevitable outcome.

Meanwhile, elite clubs act ruthlessly and proactively even when the results on the field are decent.

We’ve seen more than enough of Emery but the exec are paralysed by indecision and a lack of courage. Make the big call fuckers.

12 Likes