Newcastle United

1 Like

Enjoy relegation.

1 Like

just goes to show you can have a tonne of money but doesn’t mean you have common sense.

2 Likes

Not a bad shout tbh

I always respect guys more who put in the work away from the spot light as assistants in lower leagues

I dunno, at the moment he has about the same level of coaching experience as Arteta did. Would be a bit of a mad appointment really.

2 Likes

I see it as a bridge appointment.

I think a young English based manager with fresh easily communicable ideas get more out of this squad now this season compared to the likes of Fonseca or Emery.

Like of Howe, Lampard or Terry aren’t going to drastically change things on the pitch but will freshen up the dressing room, training pitch and tactically imo

1 Like

So if a ‘bridge’ manager comes in, will his future dismissal be termed a deheading?

Hope they get relegated and then spend a bazillion and still not be promoted. You can bet heads will roll if they don’t get straight back up.

3 Likes

Literally!

3 Likes

The self delusion among Newcastle fans is wild.

6 Likes

One of the things I don’t get about KSE, they seem really inept about PR generally.

Token meaningless gestures do go a long way for alot of people, surprisingly. Arsenal generally have only recently started getting better at it

2 Likes

Tbf Glazers,FSG and our owners have all been bad with PR.
Think we all ended up being conned that Americans are better at this stuff than they are. Maybe it feels alien to them transferring it into overseas teams for some reason.

1 Like

The weird thing is that the Glazers, KSE, Fenway, those folks all have massive PR and community outreach stuff for the Rams, Bucs and Red Sox. They know how to do it or at least know to hire someone who knows how to do it.

I think there is a bit of a cultural disconnect between what football fans expect of ownership and baseball or American football fans expect. Super active or chatty owners like Jerry Jones (American football) or Mark Cuban (basketball) are kind of outliers imo. I think the Angelos family who own the O’s speak maybe once a year? The guy who owns the Ravens usually does one big interview at the start and then the end of the season.

But also, do we think Arsenal supporters really want to have a chummy relationship with a piece of human garbage like Stan? Or Gob Kroenke? Probably not after the way they’ve run the team. It would take years to fix that relationship.

7 Likes

They could legit find themselves with something like 12 points after 20 games at the turn of the year when the transfer window opens.

1 Like
1 Like

He deffo loses his :trophy: if he joins these.

1 Like

Good appointment for Newcastle.

:joy: :joy:

Will be ribbing my Newcastle mates savagely if this happens lol

Just heard of the news.

Good ebening!

Risky appointment but Emery is a great coach up to a certain level

I think if his English is better he’ll thrive, I honestly thought he was put off English football

They’re willing to pay a huge transfer fee for him too. :rofl: