Newcastle United

Feel sad for Bruce, some of the abuse and things said are out of order.

2 Likes

Has to be tough mentally.

Tbf those comments are hilarious.

Can’t hate the guy though, feel sorry for him being shunted out really and a shame he didn’t get to win his 1000th game. I’m glad they gave him that game though and I guess the plan was always to bin him afterwards.

Interested to see who they will go for, Don Mikel maybe?

I think he gets a harsh rep to be honest. He was never a top manager nor was he supposed to be but he was perfectly adequate doing the jobs he was asked to do over the years.

3 Likes

Spent his whole life in football. Successful player.should just retire and enjoy life. Must have made a tidy sum over the years.

7 Likes

Bruce shouldn’t feel hard done by because there is no way any top club with ambitious investors was going to hire him.
He got the Newcastle job because Ashley wouldn’t pay to get a top quality manager and Bruce was available, cheaper and someone who wouldn’t rock the boat.

No one forced him to take the job and Ashley was only there to make money, while pretending to care about the club.
Bruce had already seen a succession of managers that weren’t backed financially so he knew what it was going to be like.

I’m fairly sure he won’t have to top up his pension by getting a job stacking shelves, because he’s had a great career as a player and has been a manager for more than a thousand games.
So whatever abuse the Newcastle supporters throw at him, I’m sure he realises that it’s aimed at the wrong person, and it’s Ashley who’s dragged Newcastle down.

3 Likes

I feel bad for him too, he’s only getting an £8m payoff :cry:

4 Likes
10 Likes

ASM was definitely his player, flourished under him and seems to have a good respect for him. Nice to see.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fair enough.

Does the outfit and headgear have meaning beyond dress for a desert climate? I know it’s like a traditional status symbol in the middle east?

The concept of something being “culturally inappropriate” interests me

What they mean is they’ll market black and White stripe ones.

1 Like

Bruce should retire an go back to writing his books.

3 Likes

By the way, I did enjoy while it lasted that a PL stadium was named after a website.
What a fuck you that was for Newcastle fans.

2 Likes

It’s actually though a very easy way for making money.
Plenty of lower Leagues and other sports have no option really.
I actually thought it made a bit of sense at the time. Probably the way it was done was the problem.

What top quality manager would have taken the job when he did? Best of a bad (realistic) bunch if you ask me.

3 Likes

Bruce is understood to have received in the region of ÂŁ8m after his contract was paid up in full.

Wish my company would sack me and give me this sort of farewell…

8 Likes

I really hate that about modern business

If you’re good you never get sacked and get forced to work all your notice period and if you’re useless or not very good you walk from pay off to pay off

It’s just not right

1 Like
3 Likes