Newcastle United

The difference is insulting lol

1 Like

I choose option three, continuing to watch top flight football and complaining about it when I want to :grin:

9 Likes

whatā€™s insulting is that that suggests our owner actually has Ā£7bn and want his players to pay a small portion of his employees their salaries for a couple of months. Thereā€™s probably more to it but fuck lol

4 Likes

This is the reality of it mate, itā€™s just another super wealthy club thatā€™ll push us another place down the pecking order under our self sustaining model.

Exactly.
When the big rich clubs like Man U, Man City, Chelsea, along with the new rich clubs like Everton, Newcastle and whoever else takes the fancy of a billionaire, as well as well run clubs like Liverpool, are all looking down on us with our waste of space owner, there will still be some supporters saying at least weā€™re doing it, ā€œthe Arsenal way.ā€

I wish Kroenke would sell up to someone who wants to win and will get the best players and manager to do it rather than doing everything on the cheap.

I donā€™t want the moral high ground if it means mid table mediocrity and no world class players.
Who cares if we get an oil sheik.
If you canā€™t beat 'em, join 'em.
Itā€™s not like Kroenke is some sort of good guy, heā€™s as dodgy as the next oil billionaire.

3 Likes

Me too. Otherwise Iā€™m calling the divorce lawyer.

2 Likes

Looks like the PL is the new battleground for an ongoing proxy warā€¦

If only that was the worst thing a middle east state could be accused of. :grinning:

3 Likes

Another good reason for giving this sport up. A great opportunity here by taking a step back and show some humility could reset and propel the game forward. Not going to be taken then as another famous club going to sell its soul and become a brand.
Dodgy as fuck owners that going too leave Ashley looking like the angel of the north. Games dead and buried. Fuck it.

7 Likes

This is your whole League thoughā€¦the Premier League came about from a commercial brand perspective.

Agreed. The sentiment stands for the whole League and where im at with it.

1 Like

Much like city fans have done with their owners, you can already see Geordies leaping to the defense of the Saudis. Pawns in a much bigger game.

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s funny now to read some of the Newcastle fans are staunchly defending the regime of the Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman lol

Mike Ashley is a cunt but heā€™s no MBS.

4 Likes

Already committed myself to lower league football. Might start going down Wimbledon to see whatā€™s itā€™s like in their new ground or Charlton. Iā€™ll feel better spending my time and money at club that values supporters

4 Likes

Not sure if it factors in to your decision, but the vibe I get is that Charlton would be more grateful for/in need of your support, having lived locally for some time.

Wimbledon on the other hand, it can actually be tricky at times to get tickets to their matches these days, used to be a doddle when I went a few times a year. Theyā€™ve got a certain cache with neutrals due to the story and history there, and are in quite an affluent area, so the sense I get is that theyā€™re doing OK these days.

If you donā€™t mind me asking, whereabouts are you from? The mention of those two clubs piqued my interest as you must be south of the river

Southwark. Millwall is not on my list for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

I agree.
When football starts up again I think we will see the PL bubble burst.
Players wonā€™t be going for the ridiculous fees weā€™ve seen in the last few seasons and players vast wages will have to be trimmed to a reasonable level.

Unemployment will be high so there will not be as much money around and one of the first things that people will cut back on are luxuries like going to football which has become extortionate.

Clubs have shown themselves up by not paying ground staff but still pandering to the multi millionaire footballers.

Just like Richard Branson who is whining that he needs a bail out to help his airline, some footballers also come across as greedy and selfish, while the people who pay their wages are struggling to pay the bills.

What is wrong with Millwall? I know they have some sort of reputation but it has never been clear to me what exactly.

Nasty, thuggish racist cunt fanbase is the reputation. Obviously loads of their fans arenā€™t gonna be like that, but the element among them seems bigger and nastier than with other clubs.

4 Likes

No one likes us, we donā€™t careā€¦

To be fair to Millwall, I donā€™t think theyā€™re half as bad these days. But yeah that hooligan reputation will take a while to shake off.

1 Like