Newcastle United

Oh which CB did we sign.:wink:

Michael O Neil would have been a good option for Newcastle.

:face_vomiting:

Almost about done with top level football.

This is who City owners should have bought.

1 Like

I agree.
Of the big clubs in the PL, Newcastle haven’t won a trophy for about half a century and yet are one of the biggest supported in the league.

With the right investment they could become massive.
They are certainly better supported than Man City, spurs and Chelsea and, considering their lack of success, it shows how much potential they have.

If this happens, it could mean another team we have to watch out for.

4 Likes

Hopefully it doesn’t happen, I don’t want yet another clubs set of owners to be jealous of.

money doesn’t always guarantee success in football, just look at qpr

1 Like

Most success in footba has been linked with expenditure

1 Like

That’s true, but an owner who invests almost nothing and just leeches off the club, like Ashley has done to Newcastle, will pretty much guarantee a lack of success.

I take your point about QPR.
Portsmouth and Fulham were similar as well.
Fulham spent more than 100m yet got relegated because they spent badly and tried to do too much too quickly which clearly didn’t work.

1 Like

I forgot about Fulham, to be fair to Man City they gradually built their teams over the years which is the smart thing to do when you have loads of money

1 Like

I wouldn’t begrudge Newcastle some success. I think I’ve always had a soft spot for them so to see the loyal fanbase rewarded after so many years of suffering under Ashley.

3 Likes

Its that time off year again that Newcastle are getting a takeover yet big Mike will still be at the club come the summer

3 Likes

Same, always had a bit of a soft spot for them and Everton.

Would be good to see them rise up.

2 Likes

People always have soft spots for teams aren’t rivals.
Someone will say West Ham now and annoy me all day. I’m waiting.

1 Like

I don’t mind West Ham either tbh, they often cause Spurs a lot of grief and they almost hate them as much as we do so I think that’s great.

1 Like

Yeah I like Newcastle too and I’ve always had a soft spot for West Ham. Would be good if Moyes could get them playing some good stuff.

Lol I always use Newcastle when I want to make a decent team into a big one on football game career modes. In fact I’m using them atm in my master league on PES.

They’re a team I’ve always seen as being potentially a “big” team.

3 Likes

Fucking west Ham. Got to be the most clichéd club in the world.

2 Likes

y u hate on soap bubbls tho

2 Likes