Newcastle United

It’s a good target. Weakens a rival down there as well.
Been a very underrated player in that part of the League.

2 Likes

Chris fucking Wood for £20m :ozil:

The revolution has begun.

3 Likes

All in the money in the world and they sign Chris fucking Wood :rofl::rofl:

Weakens Burnley I suppose.

2 Likes

Take Nketiah for £10m you bastards. Mari and Cedric too. Give us some of that oil money fuckers

4 Likes

Interesting signings so far. Smart to go for previous PL experience in a relegation dogfight

1 Like

That’ll certainly help survival chances this season, gives Newcastle more firepower and weakens Burnley.

OTHO Burnley are perfectly happy to shithouse to 1-0s but Newcastle’s issue is being loose at the back. May not be enough

Wonder who Burnley will sign, any good forwards banging it out in the Championship atm?

Brereton Diaz at Blackburn or Piroe from Swansea.

Or top scorer Mitrovic :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Diaz at blackburn

Doubt Burnley and Blackburn do any deals. Rivalry pretty steep between them two.

Yeah would be pretty funny if he left them for Burnley only for Blackburn to come up and Burnley go down though

3 Likes

There’s value in the Newcastle approach. They’ve strengthened the right back position with a seasoned England international coming off a solid stint at the La Liga champions.

They’re signing an experienced striker who, whilst on the surface, isn’t full of goals but will be important for them in the struggle against relegation.

If they can bring in one or two more defenders and a midfielder this January then I think they stand a good chance of having a solid second half of the season. You can’t undo over a decade of underinvestment from Ashley in one window but they can start to build a viable team for the future.

Eddie Howe has to be on the chopping board at one point though. His appointment didn’t make sense to begin sith

1 Like

Sith is probably right he does come across a bit like Palpatine :rofl:

£25m for a fucking 30 year old Chris fucking Wood?

Need these fuckers to stay up next season so they can buy our shite. Although some of our shite is probably more suited to the Championship so maybe relegation would benefit us more.

Either way, fucking £25m for Chris bastard Wood?

3 Likes

Might be in the minority here, but I actually think Wood is a great signing for them.

He’s about the best striker they could convince to join them in a relegation battle, and he’s got the build/play type of a player who can play well into his 30’s.

He’s also not on a long contract, so if they manage to stay up they can they replace with better in a shorter time frame, or extend if they don’t.

Plus they’re taking one of their relegation rivals’ best players.

£25m is nothing to them, and I think between him and Trippier they’re giving themselves a chance.

Edit: @Cristo liking both posts, make your mind up lad! :rofl:

5 Likes

Cristobot likes everything :wink:

4 Likes