New OA Theme: Away Days

Ah yes, should be sorted now.

Interesting, will look into it!

1 Like

That’s made it even better! :slight_smile:

personally find this a lvery jarring, i would maybe change it to a light blue fading out, as it basically goes an unpleasant (in my opinion) shade of green as it fades…

another issue is the thread post count, anything in the thousands are in orange font, which clashes with the soft yellow.

2 Likes

Good points!

otherwise i love it, without sounding like a critical twat, just a perfectionist. in fact i think all post counts aree orange by the looks of it.

Also the gold text next to my name clashes with the banana yellow, so i think that also needs changing.

@shamrockgooner maybe the “hot” could be the bright yellow then the cooler ones are the soft light blue?

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to work on my MacBook, everything is just blank

I think there’s an algorithm. Orange threads are “hot” threads and I think it’s probably something like a hundred posts in the last 7 days or something like that.

Have you tried a hard refresh?

CMD + SHIFT + R

2 Likes

That did the trick haha

2 Likes

They don’t let a dummy like me have access to those type of decisions :grin:

2 Likes

Absolutely glorious. I love it.

1 Like

@Gio @shamrockgooner

Yeah there’s an algorithm, basically just three CSS classes: .heatmap-high .heatmap-mid .heatmap-low

For now I’ve gone with this scheme:

But I like the idea of using a ‘cool icey’ blue for the low one too. Will look into it.

There’s still a lot of gray in the scheme which I don’t like. It uses the primary color (white) and generates various tints based off it, which means it’s gray. I tried using a light blue color for that but it fucks things up.

3 Likes

are you on about the share/bookmark/flag backgrounds? what about an even darker blue? or is that not possible because it’s drawing it’s hue etc from the primary?

i guess also the edit post, link, etc icons are grey, ar they whitee with an adjusted transparency?

1 Like

Yes. I’ll have to manually change the colors in their CSS classes.

The color scheme is:

Yeah was gonna say, I have a MacBook and it works fine. Good work.

3 Likes

that would frustrate me no end how limited that is, I feel your pain mate :joy:

1 Like

My mission all along, get @SRCJJ to the Dark (mode) side :henry2:

Accomplished :pires1:

3 Likes

Hang on. Was he not dark mode already? I liked him. Now I’m unsure!

Whoever doesn’t prefer dark mode, own up now. We can organise a help group.

3 Likes

It’s an old poll… But still @Phoebica

Those light people need to explain their reasons

1 Like