Music

Anything you want to talk about in music really: the first record you bought, which genres you prefer, which band influenced you the most, any new music you’ve come across recently, etc.
I’ll start:
Pink Floyd’s Dark side of the moon, the first album I ever bought, had a big influence on my musical taste as well as my playing. And for multiple reasons, I admire them a lot. However, I feel Obscured by clouds and Meddle are way way underrated albums.
God is an astronaut is another band I feel who’ve really given a face to post-rock scene. Absolutely beautiful band. Listening to their song “New year’s end” as I type.

2 Likes

When i was a kid i was a weak ass soft rock boi. Then I started hanging out with a DJ and he introduced me to electronical music. I havent looked back since.

Today its all about psy trance for me and especially progressive psy trance: Neelix, Granau, Phaxe, Benzoo etc.

2 Likes

I’m a classic rock/rock guy. Grew up listening to the stranglers because of my dad. Saw Fleetwood Mac at Wembley back in June and what a fucking show.

Also a huge stereophonics and foo fighters fan. Word gets around was the first album I bought by the stereophonics, one of their best.

3 Likes

Must of been amazing to see Fleetwood Mac.

3 Likes

Metal is my main listen but love most things rock. Motorhead, Sabbath, Purple etc. Into a lot of guys like Springsteen, Tom Petty, Steve Earle, Rory Gallagher,. Managed to see all them and Rory was the greatest guitarist ive ever seen for me.
Have plenty of 60s stuff with The Beatles being the greatest of them all and also have a stack of Irish traditional music.

2 Likes

I listen to different music styles in general, but I’m mainly a Blues/Rock, Funk and 90’s HipHop/Rap kind of guy, Gary Moore, Rory, Gilmour, Clapton, SRV,Hendrix…there’s just too much quality between 70s-late 90s.

2 Likes

Any of you guys dig the band Animals as Leaders? Great instrumental band. Don’t think they’ve come up with any new material last 3-4 years, but the 4-5 albums they released in between a 7-8 year period. Really tasty.

Cyber Yakuza

Still very much a fan of good harmony vocals, i.e., Eagles, Beach Boys. At the newer end of things, and not for any harmonies as such, I like Coldplay. Very distinctive.

I listen to a bit of everything but love old school stuff like Fleetwood Mac, Meatloaf, the Eagles, also think Elton John is a super musician.

2 Likes

DarkSynthWave

Have you heard Daft Punk’s brand new single Get Lucky? Looks set to be the big track of the summer!

1 Like

It’s got a great beat.
I heard it on the wireless recently and had to rush out to buy the record and it hasn’t been off my gramophone since I got it.
It sure is a swell song.

Johnny Mnemonic VR

Surprise surprise. Steve with another video post without any words whatsoever

Cheers Stevey lad. It’s actually not bad, Blade runner vibes. If you like that sort of sound, have a poke around Lorn’s stuff.

Salzburg playing some great great football vs Pool atm, hope they get rewarded for it.

And that’s music to your ears or?

6 Likes

hahaha :joy: I didn’t even get the comment at first until I read it again at HT, wtf I was posting from my phone and must’ve fat fingered the wrong thread (meant to post in the CL thread) :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes