Motorsport

Alonso > Honda

Chevy will take him but there are only two teams that run Chevy engines, well two viable teams.

Btw read about it, seems like much ado about nothing. What I read was “some people” don’t want him with Honda, and then they go on to talk about how they are trying to finalize his move to Indy :joy:

Marcus Ericsson is taking over for Wickens next season in Indy. Dunno if you’ve been keeping up on it @mysty but wickens is a paraplegic now, paralyzed from the waste down :cry::cry::cry:

Fernando Alonso wins the Daytona 24hrs

1 Like

We’re into March, which means Motorsport is almost back yay :giroud3:

Incase anyone missed it, Indycar is being shown on Sky Sports F1 in the UK this season, which is a pretty neat deal for Sky. They’ll even show Qualifying for the first time ever here. It’ll be interesting to see if it gains more attention here than it did on BT Sport. Especially with Alonso doing Indy 500 again later this year. Should be another cracking year @BigWeng_4LYFE

Speaking of highly sort after series, MotoGP returns next weekend at Qatar. I really strongly urge anyone who’s never watched the series before to give it a go this year. The racing is truly amazing, the competition is as close as it’s ever been. Literally the entire field has a chance of fighting at the fight on any given weekend this year. It’'s going to be frigging nuts :smiley:

4 Likes

Yup, Indycar is picking up a ton of fans because not only is it a good product, but they keep sanitizing F1 season in season out, and also ppl really hate the playoff scheme that Nascar has come up with. Indycar is becoming like the last of a dying breed, and ppl are flocking to it.

There’s been rumors that they’ll be returning to Surfers Paradise in Australia next season as well, so they see an opportunity to go global again instead of being confined to the US only.

Shame that Alonso didn’t get a full time ride for whatever reason, but it’s gonna be interesting to see what Erickson can do coming directly from F1.

Yeah man, the Surfer’s Paradise rumours have been on and off over the years. I would love to see them return there. Though unfortunately since they last used it, some of the track has been redeveloped. So should they return, it would be a shorter layout unfortunately. One of my earlier Motorsport memories is the HUGE crash Christian Fittipaldi had there in 1997.

Was a bloody mess. Another similar accident happened again in the wet years later as well. So many top names in that clip.

There were rumours of Mexico City rejoining the series as well, but still haven’t found an agreement yet.

I think Alonso had too much going on to make Indycar a full time thing this year, still doing WEC and some other races on top of other Mclaren stuff.

Alonso is coming, to complete the major Motorsport championship treble.

Am I right in that nobody has won the F1, Indycar and Endurance titles?

Just the triple crown of the races.

Enter Alonso. When he comes I’ll watch that attempt of his to do it.

Shame the moron couldn’t keep his mouth shut about the Honda, which is the best engine in Indycar, right?

Honda and Chevvy are pretty equally matched on performance really, but in recent years Honda have been a little better at Indy @Electrifying .

Yeah Graham Hill still remains the only triple crown winner’. In terms of titles, I think someone like Mario Andretti has won titles in F1, Indy and Endurance championships, that dude has literally raced everything. If Alonso does ever win the 500, I just hope it’s done outright and not through some bullshit luck, or the organisers finding a way for him to win it. Last thing needed is for it to manufactured. Bad enough how he had to hype up his Le Mans win last year as one of the hardest ever :xhaka: God damn. I’m glad he’s away from F1 now lol.

He was probably my favourite driver if me watching F1 but he doesn’t half talk shite, and his big mouth is what ruined him in F1.

I hope that doesn’t happen from now on because he deserves the treble crown for how good he is

Isn’t the Treble the Indy 500, Monaco, and Le Mans?

JPM could actually still win it as well if he gets a shot at Le Mans, just looked it up and seen that.

1 Like

Do y’all think Motorsport will be a bit rubbish when everything becomes electric?

That’s a good question @Persona . It’ll feel a bit soulless and dead if all series are Electric, no question. But I guess you get used to it, and if the racings good, it’s better than nothing.

Formula E is probably one of the best championships right now, the action and racing is really close and very competitive. The lack of engine sound never really bothered me in that series.

I think what will happen in the future, as Electric racing becomes more common across the board, Classic car racing will become hugely popular. I think that will be the thing, for anyone needing their fix for anything petrol powered etc.

2 Likes

Losail Quali. Vinales on pole, Yamaha always seem to do well here.

But what you think guys, any chance of anyone stopping Marc from winning yet another title?

Shits getting old, the guy is too good.

Didn’t know you were into MotoGP bro :slight_smile:

It’s gonna be tough to stop him from another title, but it’s not impossible. For example, I think it’s Dovizioso’s best chance to win this year, a bit of a now or never moment I feel. The main reason other than being stupidly talented why Marquez is so strong, is his consistency. Even on a bad day now he can still fight for the podium, wheres everyone else might end up towards the bottom of the top 10. That’s what his rivals will look to improve on. The races though will be ridiculous close throughout :slight_smile:

Despite his recent dominance, at least Marquez makes the races entertaining, unlike Hamilton and Merc in F1 lol. Did you see he was at the track today?

Barely follow it these days since it went off the BBC.

But try to keep up now and then. But yeah lol Lewis was there, probably comparing Monster cans with the Doc.

@Persona

Oh wait no never mind :wenger:

No access to BT Sport? Shame really that so much great sport, infact almost all sport is behind a Paywall now. Hard to inspire the next generation of fans if there’s nowhere free to view. Though having said that, BBC were pretty meh their coverage of it back then and BT do a bang up job on it. If you get fed up with F1 at any stage man, I really highly recommend catching any race you can this season. I think as much as half the field has a chance to win a race this year, it’s crazy close now. I wish F1 had this level of competition up front.

2 Likes

Hoping for Dovi. He deserves a title after coming 2nd for 2 times in a row.

1 Like

St Petersburg GP going on, where u @Mysty??

That big-tooth MF Marquez is going to win again, isn’t he? Too damn good man.

But why are Yamaha so bad in the races ffs. Needed Lorenzo in this Ducati ffs, think he could have pushed Marquez the hardest but for now go Dovi