John Monchi

If, and I stress the word ‘if’, if 50m were true that would be such a basic bitch move.

You used to be more fun :santi: we didn’t sign Ornstein yet Orno had one

I don’t think it was that bad - just desperate out of necessity.

This summer we need a wide player, a replacement for Ramsey (maybe the same thing I guess), replacement for Ozil (if rumours are to be believed), a replacement for Cech, at least one CB (depending on who is sold) and someone who can play at RB.

To expect us to sign the perfect player in all those positions in only one summer is impossible.

I actually agrre with this. We’ve spent much of the season without Özil and Ramsey and are in no worse shape than we were with them. Sokratis is a decent CB as well and honestly our lack of midfield control coupled with a bad defensive system, are more culpable for our defensive frailties than anything imo. I’d like to see Holding and Mav developed with a stronger organized midfield in front of them (fuck out Xhaka).

2 Likes

No he didn’t, Ornie said we’d get 100m if and only if we got CL football.

What’s the number if we don’t?

those fuckers wouldnt know anyway how in the fuck would those twats know our budget. I reckon we will spend 100m easily this summer.

1 Like

I can’t remember the exact figure but it was somewhere around 50-60m on the Arsecast interview

You’d think with sponsorship deals improving we’d be able to spend more, so who knows.

If it is that little we should be all over free transfers like Rabiot and Kompany

1 Like

Bringing Monchi in to rekindle the magic with Emery is a little this and that for me.

On the positive side Monchi had a fantastic track record at Sevillia with Unai. People were dunking on him for basically turning Roma into a supermarket after his infamous “Roma is not a supermarket” quote a few years ago but jettisoning Radja for Zaniolo by itself makes his tenure a success IMO.

The worst case scenario cynical view is that Monchi is just another layer of insulation to prevent fan resentment towards Stan from boiling over.

2 Likes

I was apprehensive about him selling players at Roma, but from my understanding Roma actually had some major financial problems and had big issues with financial fair play compliance which was the #1 thing Monchi sorted out, which usually involves selling your better players to balance the books. If that’s the case then he’s done alright at Roma.

1 Like

John “madness” Monchi lol!

While Roma may not be as successful, they now have an abundance of assets that could go for huge amounts.

Kluivert, Zaniolo, Manolas, Under etc etc.

I’d be pretty happy if the same happened.

Arsenal twitter loves Monchi but we got a complete shit for brains minority against him coming here because of Moreno and Nzonzi or something.

These fuckers really want to just complain about anything at all times. They want Overmars now :xhaka:
Have you noticed this @Calum @sevchenko and other posters that use twitter.

These weirdos just complain all the time just to chase clout.

It’s getting a bit shit nowadays because of this tbh.

4 Likes

If we only have 50 million to spend in the summer we’re in big trouble. We pretty much need 100 million to spend + whatever we recoup from player sales.

1 Like

I don’t follow much of Arsenal twitter just gordo and paddy haha. I don’t follow arsenal fans really. That’s what OA is for

1 Like

Given the positions you stated then surely there will be offgoings too, which any proper managed clus would get substanantial funds in return for.

Maybe 4 or 5 teams in the world that spend 100 million plus and not even then is it consistent. 50-70 million net is more than enough if we aren’t as shambolic at transfers as we have been. It is going to take us another 2 summers plus winter windows at least to sort us out.

Idealy shipping out ozil, Mkhitaryan,Koscielny all 3 are in their 30’s an might as well get something for them while we can. Mustafi an elneny get some money in for them an reinvest it into the team, an try shift some reserve players that wont make it here,

this summer we could forget about a Gk an use ospina or Martinez. But we badly need a Cb,Lb an Rb has we only have hector that can play in that position from the summer, an someone to replace Ramsey

I think Ospina was confirmed to go on a permanent with Napoli. We got just undet 5 mil. for him.

1 Like

IF £50m is true the fuck me there is something really really wrong deep within this club. We’re offloading a load of players from the wage bill, we’re making more money through our sponsorship deals and we’re playing in one of the most highest paying leagues in the world.

We’re that guy that goes to the pub and buys one drink but stays there all day. Tight cunts.

1 Like

Ozil
Mkhitaryan,
Koscielny
Mustafi
Elneny

Weirdly I think there will be a market for both Mustafi and Elneny. We’ll probably sell them both at a loss but I’d hope Monchi would be able to facilitate a quick sale.

I really don’t see a ton of takers for the other three.

Maybe the way out of the Ozil mess (if the Board, Emery, Raul and Monchi all agree he needs to go) and the Mkhitaryan contract are two year loans with a nominal fee. It means we don’t pay wages.

As far as Koscielny, I think we’re not going to have any takers. He’s on the older side, coming back from what is usually career ending surgery and who knows how his body is going to hold up.

What gives me the most hope about Monchi’s potential arrival is that at the very least he is a known quantity among other Directors of Football and agents. By that I mean that he’ll hopefully start changing our reputation among selling clubs, or even buying clubs. I don’t think it’s a secret that we’re seen as a bit of a joke whether it’s Dick Law begging Joel Campbell to sign a contract, screwing up the Cahill bid, the RVP transfer, the Nasri transfer, the Cesc transfer, the Walcott contract, the Alexis transfer, the Ozil contract and letting Ramsey leave on a free. It’s all just been total amateur hour.