Mohamed Elneny (25)

Wouldn’t be surprising if he’s let go in January or be the first out the door come the summer. The guy’s got the heart but nothing else really, be a decent first teamer for a struggling PL team or mid table team in top European leagues. Wenger clearly saw more in him then Emery has. Not a massive loss to us if he does leave this January, the only thing I’ve remembered from him was that goal agaisnt Barca in the CL.

Elneny continues to be underrated.

I used to believe too that he ain’t for us but never thought he was a bad player. Just lacking the identity. Still, he put some freat performances last season and was usually the guy that stabilized(at least tried) our atrocious defence which made me think that he could do as a squad player.
Anyway, Emery and co. did a terrible job planning the squad and the so called player research that Emery did for his presentation flopped big time.
I’ll give them a pass this time around but they should realize that they missed out on significant funds by not having a better idea of where we stand and where we want to go.

Including Wenger and Emery?

Maybe he just isn’t that good mate.

Can you explain this view? I don’t think anyone can suggest that we have assembled the perfect squad at the moment, but I don’t see how it can be down to terrible planning. I think most of the business we did in the summer has been more than justified so far.

More like unrated

Well, possibly our two best assets(Ozil and Rambo) at the club don’t fit in the system, there is still the issue of Laca and Auba usually unable to start together, two known weak spots of winger and CB(even with Calum leaving) not covered, plus they completely miscalculated how the likes of Elneny, Jenkinson, Maitland-Niles, Nketiah, etc. can help out.
Maybe atrocious/terrible is too hard BUT I am expecting some of football’s elite to have better organization and track potential issues before, as this has already led to us using guys like Xhaka at LB and CB, and I’m not even going to address how we missed out financially.

1 Like

whom will you pick?
Elneny or Guendouzi?

I will pick Guen over him.

Depends on the game and situation id say.

My reason is, we are not in any position to challenge the title, and if there is not much difference in between Guen and El, then I would pick the one that have a higher ceiling and better/higher chance to improve.

CM is not the position that is holding us back and we should worry about, so, let the kid play as much as he can, let him make the mistakes that we afford to make, and let him grow and improve and mature.

1 Like

Point taken. However if im looking to close a game out or try too sure up the midfield im choosing EL.
We need better but we cant get rid of everyone in one window.

1 Like

true, I agree

1 Like

An absolute gamechanger ! What a player ! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Has posted some blah blah on his Instagram and people are interpreting it as a goodbye message for this window. Arsenal already tried to sell him once so I could see this departure happening

I believe he’s going to Roma.

Still a better CM than Xhaka.

3 Likes

Yeah I mean let’s be honest he’s not much of a forward passer but at least he won’t lose the ball in dangerous positions multiple times per game.

2 Likes

Not really a fan of selling Elneny in January unless we sign a replacement. We are already pretty short on central midfielders and if he leaves, we are just one or two injury away from a midfield crisis.

1 Like

We sell him and end up with midfield crisis which requires Lichtsteiner to play there

With Sanllehi flexing his guns, we’re clearly going to get Suarez this window so selling/loaning Elneny won’t hurt us all that much tbh.