Mohamed Elneny

This is actually it right here. People are like he’s safe, yeh he’s safe if you want to draw or lose a game. He doesn’t have that killer instinct, he doesn’t have balls.

if you want someone to play Carabao cup or some easy matches to give first choice some rest.
John Obi Mikel was a big part of Chelsea team because he was a safe squad option

Like 90 percent of our team are safe squad options.

That’s the problem.

2 Likes

don’t remind me :sob:

I struggle to see what tangible skills he brings to our team. Watch when we have a rough patch of results, it’ll be then when he’s singled out.

He’s our 4th choice midfielder, probably bumped a spot up because Guendouzi is in the bin. Not sure why people want to worry about him.

2 Likes

Xhaka’s our 1st choice midfielder. This is all terrifying and awful.

2 Likes

Bring him on when we protect a result.

Yeah not too sure what people want from a squad player. Recycles possession, safe and mistake-free for the most part. Could be more forward with his passing, but it’s not like he was ever thought of as a creative hub anyway.

Perfect skillset to fill the gaps during a 50+ game season, particularly during this season where fixture lists are jam-packed.

5 Likes

Absolutely agree. You need a couple of decent workhorses in the squad, guys that put in a shift for the team. Bit like Henry back in the day - they form the basis of a successful side.

8 Likes

Guys like Mo provide that essential balance of your typical Henry of old, recognising that over the season it’s just as important to be able to maintain solidity and some form of momentum while also resting players effectively.

1 Like

Meh. All he does is to follow the ball when the team has possession and then quickly plays it either backwards or sideways. I don’t think you should need signings for this.

Would rather have someone who’s actually good or someone who might come good as a squad player.

3 Likes

Elneny makes Xhaka look like Fabregas when it comes to aggressiveness of passing and ball progression.

Elneny as 4th choice CM and I’m happy though tbh. He’s probably content to be a squad player unlike Torreira who wants to start, and he’s also on minimal wages unlike some of the other of our squad junk (Sokratis, Kolasinac etc.)

1 Like

We should sign a player who can pass and is more creative indeed. It’s out of question we need a better midfielder. But until we get such a player I would like to see how a Ceballos/Elneny midfield would work. I think it would free up Ceballos as a passer and he would make a better impression. I think Xhaka’ skills as a passer gets overrated by Arteta and us.

1 Like

What the fuck does this guy even do? Can’t recall an interception, a tackle or a forward pass all game. Won’t ever win anything with this shitter starting. Championship lever player at best.

P-o-i-n-t-l-e-s-s

2 Likes

I knew it wouldn’t take long, not really his fault he got selected to start at Anfield in the league for Arsenal though.

2 Likes

There was a reason we fucked this guy off to Turkey.

He performed well but he’s not someone you should be depending on in these type of games.

1 Like

Elneny starting this match should be a major cause of concern for recruitment team.
Why are we entering October without addressing our midfield issues.

Elneny should be second choice backup, not a starter in a big game.

4 Likes