MMA

not even, aside from the scientology he just sounds mental

1 Like

Adesanya is the guy now what a performance.

Oh shit.

Please MMA gods, let them both stay fit. I need this fight!

You good make a genuine case for this to be the biggest fight in UFC history. But since both of these guys aren’t ‘characters’ in the Lesnar/Rousey/McGregor mold it will not get that type of attention.

Absolutely. Feels like the UFC in general is missing some characters amongst the talent pool there at the moment.

Speaking of which, last night’s main event between Colby and Usman was a cracker. Great fight, amazed that Colby actually went that far with his jaw in tatters.

Izzy is trying really hard to be. But I like this better tbh. The actual level of fighters hasn’t ever been any higher. The other stuff is just distracting.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SameeraKhan/status/1209013493225144326?s=09

:ozil:

@Phoebica special Love Actually mention

1 Like

McGregor was sensational last night. Brilliant striking patterns and brutal composure. He’s a genuine problem in the clinch in this frame of mind. Cerrone needs to duck out the fight game for good now he’s done.

Looking at him tonight, I actually think Conor would go alright against Usman. Usman is pretty fucking big but Masvidal is a much better striker than Usman. And still pretty big.

I think Conor would be pretty confident of tagging Usman up and keeping away from the cage. Probably easier than Khabib because Usman doesn’t come forward as much.

Conor looked just as damaging as Till at welterweight, and the fight was quite similar to the Cerrone Till fight a couple years back.

Just for hype purposes, I hope he fights Usman next. Wont complain if its Khabib again but Khabib fights in April then wont fight til the end of the year, so Conor will need to fight in between that time I think.

He took zero damage in this fight and looked good. Usman doesn’t really have an opponent as Edwards is fighting Woodley and it lines up well with timing for Conor and Kamaru.

Jorge is also a good option but theres no real title on offer and the money won’t be enough imo

McGregor vs Masvidal is going to be a way bigger fight than Usman vs McGregor with the hype Masvidal is carrying right now.

I think McGregor is overrated, and beating an ageing Cerrone doesn’t change that.

Yeah definitely a bigger fight hype-wise. But McGregor is the biggest name, so whatever he does will pay him massively.

He doesn’t really need to do hype fights like that. That’s why I think an extra 20 million or whatever might not tempt him as much as 3 belt’s in 3 weight classes.

In that previous post, I was just talking about hype for me personally with Conor going for a 3rd belt, not general public hype. I’d be far more hyped to see Conor v Usman than Conor v Masvidal.

What do you think makes him over-rated?

His silver tongue certainly isn’t overrated. I’ll give him that much :smiley:

I’m no Conor fanboy but I actually think some elements of his game are underrated (from a purely MMA perspective). Thought he was pretty decent against Khabib despite the result.

People never make or have enough money :wink:. I think everything points towards McGregor vs Masvidal tbh. The Cerrone fight being at 170 (not because of that third belt per se), Conor has come out and said Usman has the same crotch sniffing-style, or something in that sense, as Khabib. In the past he has said creating hype for fights is easier when there’s a proper ‘partner’ involved (like Diaz a couple of years ago). Masvidal himself pushing for that fight a little bit.

Dana said last night he really wants Khabib vs McGregor II and Usman vs Masvidal. I’d just be really surprised if that fight doesn’t come to fruition.

Masvidal is in awe of Conor, so it’s not an issue of whether Masvidal is up for it. But he is a bad matchup for Conor too.

The UFC promoted a nothing fight with Cowboy, so it won’t be hard to sell 3 weight champ with Conor as the main man.

Khabib wasnt a massive PPV guy before he fought Conor, but that fight sold extremely well.

I just reckon Conor makes money no matter what and now he’s so leveraged up that his fight pays dont matter as much as all the other parts of the deal.

Although it’s pointless wondering about what might happen cos Dana is all over the place lol

I think they give him this fight to get an easy W and his confidence back (sounds weird to say McGregor lost this, but Khabib did maul him). His ‘brand’ was in decline. Justin Gaethje as #1 contender fight made the most sense for everybody.

Yeah that’s definitely why they gave it to him. Cowboy is a great matchup for Conor, but he still sounds legit enough to make it seem not a complete setup and be sellable and also setup future narratives.