Mesut Özil

Unreal impact on the team. Apparently, Ozil’s presence on the bench scared the opponents.

It takes a magician like Ozil to get the pre-assist to an own goal with a poorly weighted pass.

5 Likes

And people wanted him to stay :joy::joy::joy: can’t even do it in the Turkish League. Finished player

4 Likes

TBF whoscored does fail midfield players. According to whoscored ratings Modric has always been bang average

But I haven’t watched the Turkish league to know how he’s playing

3 Likes

So has he singlehandedly carried Fenerbahce to glory so far this season or what?

I haven’t actually watched so this is what I hear from FT, apparently he has been playing well(probably too kind to hin) but Fener are not doing that well overall. The way they make it sound, Fener ain’t winning shit this season.

6 points behind with a game in hand. Big game away in Trabzonspor.

1 Like

I see Ozil is lighting up the streets of Istanbul with 0 assists and 0 goals in his first 5 appearances and 3 defeats in that time.

Poor chap must have all those sacks of money weighing him down.

1 Like

Can’t be this. His deal with Fenerbahce is such that they only start paying him from next season. So really, he is playing like a player playing for free.

Must be what he took with him from London

Big swag bag weighing him down.

Wonder if a few at Fener already regretting the signing if his performances so far have been lackluster.

1 Like

Have they actually been lacklustre though or just stats wise poor?

Odegaard doesn’t have a goal or assist as of yet but I’d say he has been rather good.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Well, they can’t complain. They got exactly the player they saw playing for us.

3 Likes

Tbf and I’m not a fan of his Fenerbache are only 3 points behind in the League.

As there was one game he spent some time as a left back…

Not followed him in Turkey, but this happened last night

The miss a bit further down says a lot.

Could be his back playing up again?

Poor Mesut, hopefully nothing serious and he can hopefully rediscover some sort of form.

2 Likes