Mesut Özil

Yeah territory Armenians literally lived on since 1500BC.

Azerbaijan came to existence in 1918, but sure it’s Azeri territory. Typical fascist logic.

And Turkey can leave their occupied territory at once then, Mesut? How about leaving Northern Cyprus? Leaving northern Syria? Leaving eastern Turkey? How about stop supporting and funding ISIS? Or sending Syrian jihadists to Azerbaijan to fight ethnic Armenians?

4 Likes

It’s one thing having an opinion and voicing anonymously so even if you are wrong, no one will know about it and you get to rectify yourself in real life.

But if you are a celebrity why the fuck would you open the flood gates like that?
Ozil is nuts.

1 Like

We all come across nationalist simpletons in our daily lives. It just so happens we have one at our football club.

3 Likes

Lots of money in Azerbaijan to buy whatever M10 tat he comes out with whenever he signs for his next club I guess.

2 Likes

Ass Football. :arteta: :arteta: :arteta: :arteta:

2 Likes

There really should be a contract termination clause for voicing political opinions like these. If unknown “normal” people get the sack for saying stuff on social media, so should he.

4 Likes

Aye surely Arsenal have a social media policy in their contracts like we all do haha

2 Likes

Think we start getting into murky waters if we start trying too control opinions to a degree here. Not entirely comfortable with his views but there’s a big issue where dealing with if we go down that road.

6 Likes

Don’t think it’s controlling. Think its just a watch what you say online. So you don’t bring your employer into disrepute

1 Like

Get that mate but there’s a big issue. I’m expanding the topic more than being Ozil specific.

3 Likes

Sounds kinda like “stick to sports” unless the social issue is not perceived to be complex and multilayered.

I agree if we are expanding the picture. Problem here though is that Arsenal is a worldwide brand and he’s our most known player. Of course this is his own opinion and not Arsenals. People are however idiots and not all care to hold the two apart.

1 Like

Maybe 10,20 years ago, this would work.
Nowadays, everybody talks about freedom of speech/human rights, and this kind of restrictions (certain things you cannot do/speak if I pay you) is getting a lot of back fire.

:grinning:

1 Like

Don’t bully him on his birthday

1 Like

HBD Maestro Mesut

FU Arteta :slight_smile:

1 Like

Old news no?
Wouldn’t expect anything less from TalkSport though…

These Ozil comps get better and better. Fucking hell!

Embarrassing his cult are weird bastards

5 Likes

Lol ffs. Deadline’s passed as well.