Mesut Özil

And how do Turkish people feel about him?

Because at this point that’s all matters. Regardless about what those group of people think, what matters is how do Turks feel about him.

No that is not all that matters and that is why people take issue with it.

And there are enough Turkish people who feel not well about it, who’s friends are in jail because of Erdogan.

A Dutch Turkish journalist got arrested the other day in Turkey, because she was critical of Erdogan in her news articles published in The Netherlands.

There is a lot of reason for people of Turkish nationality and others to be upset about this. It doesn’t mean he can’t invite him, but it does also mean the people who are upset about it have a right to let you and him know.

You have been incredibly biased and dishonest in this discussion.

Nope.

It is not difficult to see the importance of how others would view it especially when Ozil’s teammates (Mkhitaryan) involve those demographics.

All my Turkish friend love him.

Sorry how I am biased by saying that’s for Turkish people to sort out? And not being outraged at someone else’s decision?

You have a vested interest that makes you have a biased perspective on this; your girlfriend is Armenian.

Forgot about you.

How about if Mkhitaryan boycotts turkey for whatever reason shouldhe think of Ozil?

Not just, also I am pro freedom of press and freedom of speech. Neither are guaranteed in Turkey.

Your Turkish friends align with your own ideas, hence you guys are a match. There are ten thousands of TURKISH people unjustly incarcerated, because they have been critical of Erdogan and his party. His opponents have been arrested. Kurds have been oppressed. And generally he rules with strong dictatorial traits. And that is reason enough to be opposed to him and to be critical of Ozil for inviting him.

1 Like

Rude.

Your scenario is absurd, you seem to be drawing this down individual lines without connecting that the impact can be much greater than beyond that.

If the Armenian Genocide is a big deal to Mkhitaryan, then Ozil’s decision impacts that a lot. What is it you’re not understanding?

1 Like

My friends have their own ideas on things, our friendship doesn’t hinge on having completely the same values; however if they are drawn to their president for reason that resonates with them, more power to them.

Yes people are allowed to dislike for the reasons you outlined, but it’s simply a Turkish problem to sort out not ours.

Ask yourself why are there a lot of Turkish people drawn to him?

I get that; however Ozil is free to make choice based on his traditional values.

Actually Turkish communities in the Netherlands also get polarised by Erdogan and their is some unrest created by his influence in those communities between people who are for him and against him. It’s a fact that it is not just a Turkish problem.

1 Like

These aren’t traditional values. This is indoctrination.

1 Like

It is a Turkish problem, just because it’s in the Netherlands doesn’t change that fact.

That’s your opinion

No one is objecting to that? I’m just explaining it can have consequences. Besides Erdogan himself hasn’t strictly been sticking his nose to purely Turkish stuff domestically is he, he has a vested interest in what happens in the Turkish communities around Europe.

Why were a lot of Germans drawn to Hitler?

Why are a lot of French drawn to Le Pen?

Why are a lot of Americans drawn to Trump?

You have honestly missed the mark in almost every post you replied.

1 Like

That’s for him to deal with. The question is who are we to tell him not to do something?

It’s fact. Just like it is with religion. Religion/god doesn’t exist yet babies are told from their birth they believe in god. Dictatorships largely operate in the same manner.

1 Like