Mesut Özil

listen to the video it explains it

Ok sir.

Lol he was great, wonder if it was an act or what but he had some wonderful material. I’ll never be that good cuz I’m just me.

If you start your match prediction’s with the weather temperature and humidity your on your way there :arteta:

1 Like

tis a guy from aftv, many people may not like that but it doesnt matter who it is really he is talking sense and it rings true listen to the decisions made on wages and contractsand it cant really be refuted maybe some of the wages are a little bit off but in reality what he says is true and most definitely is highly plausible.

Where is he getting this information from tho?

common knowledge and it is put together well to get an insight…watch it an all will be revealed i think it is actually a very well thought out video and it goes to show we are fucked until the new deals come in in summer and we get some shit off the books

1 Like

Can’t watch 13 minutes of that. The 7% thing is a PL FFP rule, not a UEFA one and from memory it might even be £7m as opposed to 7%. But the 7m is only part of it because you can raise the wages as much as you like so long as you get the rest of the money from increases in income other than PL tv revenue.

But those raises will be covered in the summer, but until then we dont have anything to raise our income with. I think it is likely the most valid explaination of what is going wrong, might not the 100% accurate but kinda close-ish to what is happening.

Apart from all those other sponsorships we’ve been signing. And any sales we might make…

maybe that is why we can get some loans but not buy, i cant see us selling any of this dross but at least we will have a big injection of cash with the emirates deal and shirt deal and some of the dross being out of contract.

I feel that come summer we will see quite a bit of changes in players coming in and going out, might surprise us…could be wrong but it seems like they are working on deals already. Seems like Carassco is one of them just have to wait and see i guess. As i say i dont know for definite if this is what is going down i guess neither does he only the people in the know does but it seems the most plausible view so far.

1 Like

Need to see alot of outgoing in the summer. The player can complain they weren’t given a fair chance

Emery and Sven would have had a whole season to evaluate this squad, time to get ruthless and gut it

5 Likes

I agree, but If they really were ruthless we’d only have about three or four players left :grinning:

7 Likes

I don’t think his arguments are very convincing when it comes to salaries. Ofc we always top our wage bill, why wouldn’t we, that’s how you maximise your chances to get the best players. Why would we sit in 2012 and be at half our possible wage bill and be stuck with even worse signings. Also the whole point of a loan is that you pay their wages short term but not the transfer fee.

We are nearly topping out our wage bill and we more or less should, at all times, no matter what the scenario. Saying look we bought Perez and he didn’t play and we sold him is no argument, every single club in the world does that all the time and do far worse deals than £17m for someone who does nothing.

We’re in the shits because we didn’t invest extra much when we had extra expenses. That let us slip more than anything else. Bumming out on a few deals hurts ofc but every club does that and the main problem is not that Wenger and Gazidis did bad deals, they did absolutely stellar deals in the eyes of Stan I’m sure, top 4 with roughly no net spend for years and years? That must be great for him.

1 Like

he said that the wages have gone up too far to quickly with what we bought in the summer and gaizids and wenger sanctioning huge deal for ozil, that is the truth we can only up our wages a certain amount each season within the FFP rules and that is our threshold, listen to the video again. He was also mentioning what we sold our players for and who walked out to explain the sheer wastage of the club when you add it all up what we we have wasted on wages for players which are crap or dont play or are on loan or we could have gotten something for but we let them walk for nothing enters into HUNDREDS of millions it doesnt matter how much of a big club you are you cannot waste that sort of money and not struggle. We have utter shit on the books which are taking hundreds of millions a year in wages. As he mentioned on average Mancity squad costs only 30m a year more than us, Liverpool roughly the same amount…you think our squad is as good as theirs?

It’s horseshit. We can generate more money from more partnerships, we can front load deals to cope with it, sell players etc. We don’t have the details of the comparative wage bills season on season not knowledge of any accounting tricks that allow us to creatively pay stuff as ‘not wages’.

Bottom line for me, wages would never hinder us.

1 Like

its only new money allowed though, we have only had a couple of new partnerships this year and they are probably not earth shattering, they are only probably like 3m a season each if we could shift some dross we could do stuff but we arent getting anyone buying our shit so have to wait for the new deals coming in in the summer and getting rid of people that have their contracts expiring.

I could be wrong so could he, seems rather consistent with facts though and cant dispute much of what he has said, i reckon we will see a lot of changes in the summer though quite a few out and a few coming in.

Ofc our squad is not as good. What my argument was more about is that ofc they have their wage bill topped and so do we. His numbers are probably from the same source as every other suggestion (data from 2017), which is speculation to some degree, but it has us at ~£200m, about similar to Liverpools, while City and United are both at ~£260m. That’s 30% more than us which makes a difference. Every team should have their wage bill close to topped, but then it is ofc about who has better players.

Again I agree there is wasteage but all clubs have that. City buy 3rd choice wingers for £60m at the moment which is about our entire annual budget when it comes to spend-what-you-make. The idea that they have spent more in the last 21 months than we have in the last 21 years says something, and the >£1bn invested in the last handful of years says something yet their squad value is not even double ours. My point is that ofc it looks sour for us when our players are not performing and theirs are :smiley: but they can buy a player for £50m who does fuckall and no one really cares.

Edit: also agree we should see more big changes come summer, we need to remodel the squad to suit a different type of football, that much is certain. And that’s where I can see an argument for why we can’t have several top paid players at the club at the roles of Ramsey and Özil when we do not really focus on their role tactically. Although I hope we can accommodate Özil somehow anyway since he is a great player.

1 Like

If Emery and co are truly trying to put Özil in the shop window how does that work when he’s not actually on display on the pitch?

We’re serving up garbage on a consistent basis and devoid of creativity, leaving out Özil for tactical reasons is detrimental to the team.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

5 Likes