Mesut Özil

Probs be made captain next game!

2 Likes

I don’t get the outrage?

He trained and is being preserved for the league?

What gives you that impression? He doesnt exactly seem to be key to our league campaign lol

6 Likes

Isn’t our next league game over a week away after this game?

Fact he’s recovering from injury/illness? There no need for him to travel to Belarus

Who do this club think they are freezing Gödzil out

Wankers🖕🏼

1 Like

You specified being preserved for the league, with the way Emery is leaving him out all the time in the league I was wondering why you’d draw this distinction.

Emery doesn’t want him around so I dont understand why you’d view it as a case of Emery “preserving him” for special reasons as if he’s a key player in Emery’s eyes, that was all.

If I had realised you just meant “he’s returning from injury” I wouldnt have questioned it. No biggie

Because he hasn’t really been left out much at all in the league when you look at the appearance. There only been few games where he was tactically left out but for the most part he’s been suffering fitness/injury issues

Emery playing with wild fire here. Knock on wood we somehow lose at Belarus(don’t think we fail to qualify tho), fans will seriously start pointing fingers.

1 Like

OK.

The notion that he is being saved for the league still doesnt ring true to me at all, hes got what, 14 appearances? Appearing in just over half our league games?

If its fitness related, fair enough, but I don’t see it as him being saved specifically for the league. Emery isn’t saving this guy for anything in particular because he clearly isn’t part of his plans.

2 Likes

We used to do things elegantly. Now it is all too.much of a mess.

1 Like

Isn’t our next League game Sunday week ? Yeah I don’t think that’s the reason.

Emery said it’s a fitness thing, “We are here with the players who I think are OK to play. The players not in the squad is because Ramsey has not trained with us, Sokratis has started to train but not enough, Mesut is the same.”

Even if you choose not to believe him, no one should be surprised about Özil being left out any more. It’s such a common occurrence.

2 Likes

It was common even during Wenger days.

Why cant it be both?

Preserved for the league in the sense we need offensive depth moving forward, he gets decent mins as is and fitness wise there no need to take him abroad so soon after injury/illness.

Not asserting hes a major piece at all.

I will wait and see, trying to not draw conclusion that soon.

He was ill for the West Ham and Huddersfield games. Between those two games we had three games (City, Cardiff and Chelsea) in the Cardiff game he started the other two he sat on the bench. Between the West Ham/Huddersfield games there were five weeks. It must be one weird virus that Ozil caught.

It’s fairly simple; not only is he not fit, he also isn’t key to the plans. Both are true; even if he was fit he wouldn’t be starting this match.

Emery doesn’t see him in his future plans, simple as that. No matter if he’s sick or not, I definitely
question that. I never seen a professional footballer cry off sick as much as Ozil does. I back Emery 100% on this one, I don’t get the fanfare that Ozil receives especially form the overseas part of Arsenal fanbase, he’s like a god to them.

I’ve been a harsh critic of Ozil and just don’t see why so many get upset he doesn’t play. He shows up here or there a few times a season (usually agaisnt a mid to lower table PL club) has a nice pass and fans jerk off to it and Ignore the other 89 minutes where he did nothing in the game. For me I won’t be upset when he leaves.

Is too cold in Belarus for Ozil to play? :xhaka: