Mesut Özil

Personally, if Ozil hasn’t made an assist within 0.01s of coming on, he’s useless and completely deserving of the drop.

Yeah prick! Stay on the bench, and watch as Cardiff dominate us!!

3 Likes

Don’t worry he’ll start against Cardiff, that’s his level.

Just kidding, I couldn’t resist :poldi:

3 Likes

Give him and Jenks a start for this one. Unless their going in the next few days we have nothing to lose now.

He looks much slower on the turn these days.

1 Like

he just looks slower in general. Wonder if these back injuries are hampering him or if he is not trying that much anymore or if he has lost his pace…just doesnt look right.

1 Like

He’s definitely trying but what I don’t understand about him in these last two games is some of the positions he’s taking up when we have two strikers on the pitch.

We don’t need those shadow runs with two strikers we just need him in the pocket.

Hope this work hard mantra isn’t making him do stupid shit that stops him being the creative hub in the final third.

Ironically Ozil couldn’t unlock them for the entire match and then Iwobi came on and played the killer pass that set us on our way.

1 Like

ozil just doesnt look as interested or hungry as he used it (if you could call him that) i dont know if he is in pain or playing with an injury or has lost a bit of pace or he just inst in it anymore…he just doesnt look like he is giving much now.

He’d have to buy into that mantra for a start

2 Likes

Actually Ozil did work hard yesterday

2 Likes

Your defence is better than anything on our books.:grinning:

Well, guys complaining that he did not work hard enough right?
So when he worked hard, it means nothing now?

Actually thought Ozil played well.

1 Like

I thought so too

I felt he was slowing everything down all game. I’m guessing it was probably down to a lack of game time lately.

Personally think he needs to move on to see his best form again. It’s clearly not going to happen here

rumour is that ozil has sciatica and has had it for a long time…hence why we got him from RM in the first place. It is getting worse but knowing this Gazidis and wenger still gave him 350k a week even knowing that it is hampering him playing games because they were concerned about what it would do to the profile of the club if both sanchez and ozil went at the same time. There was worries it would stifle us getting other players in like auba if he went also. Problem is now we are stuck with him and it seems that it is common knowledge about his ‘back problems’ hence why no one wants to touch him especially at the money he is on.

Can’t really severe cases of sciatica be handled with surgery? I do agree that he looked he was running through caramel out there yesterday but if there’s something physically wrong with him why haven’t we heard ANYTHING about him having it addressed?

He should go to PSG.

Maybe win the CL there.

1 Like