Mesut Özil

So all of that is down to emery right? Sven leaving is probably down to Raul wanting his own guy to work under him ramsey contract aint got nothing to do with Emery that is more down to the club not wanting to pay him 250k a week because he aint worth it.

1 Like

Ok, but as we are trying to rebuild after all the mess Wenger and Gazidis have left in, can we just not being fucking impatient?

No, not to Emery.
I was just responding to Luca, saying why Aussie (and some of us including me) why we are “negative”.
Nothing more.

1 Like

Hey, I did not say “Emery out” (I voted Ozil in Emery out because there are only 2 options)…

Not that I want him to be gone now, but I don’t like what I am seeing ATM also.

I think you’re right.
It will be interesting to see how the Juventus supporters react to one of their highest paid players being so inconsistent.

I think with Ramsey he isn’t, and never has been. world class
In fact I can’t remember many seasons where he was a starting, first team regular.

With Ozil, we know he is a genuine world class player and is the sort of player we should be building a team around, not looking to offload and be replaced by an inferior player.

Ramsey is easy to replace but there aren’t many players that can do what Ozil does.

1 Like

I guess no one likes this whole situation, but we can’t blame who has just arrived. Let’s see how it goes next season.

Dude,

Again, I did not “blame” Emery.

Can he and should he do a better job though? Yes, he should, but not sure if he can.

I get your point, so let’s give him at least another year to see if he can improve.

2 Likes

Sure I will, I think all of us here know that, nobody can fix anything in just one season.

1 Like

The thing is, all of us here don’t know that. If you had said when he was appointed that he needed two seasons and a few windows to build, pretty much everyone would’ve agreed.

Yet now, after six months, several people are already thinking we should cut ties with him. It’s quite frustrating to see that attitude so quickly, especially when everything happening above him at the club is dysfunctional.

5 Likes

We know those were reactionary postings… no big deal and no need to be serious.
If you agree that the club is dysfunctional, then people do have a reason to be negative and disgruntled.

I think you can be patient but still stay negative :slight_smile:

When has The Times actually produced credible stories when it came to football really?

It’s not automatically that when you sign a player without having to pay the fee to the club you pay it to the player. What’s the whole point of signing players out of contract then? I’m sure Ramsey has gotten a decent contract, but he is not going to earn what Dybala and Pjanic are earning double or even almost triple.

I think he is saying that just when things looked brighter it managed to get as bad if not worse than last season.

how do we know its going to be bad though, it could be just the thing we need as regards Edu and Raul working together, no one knows what the future will bring.

So, people can be positive, and people can also be negative, right?
Since nobody knows…
There is no right or wrong to be positive or negative then. :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah but to ask for change get change not give anyone a chance to get things sorted out but to be constantly fucking negative about every single thing is just insanity if you wanna live life that then fine but surely it aint good is it.

Not big stars, but the way he dealt with Isco at Valencia, Ben Arfa and Krychowiak at PSG sends alarm bells ringing.

I also at first wanted to chalk it up to those players being dicks and PSG being a dick club, but they can’t all be dicks can they?

And even if they are, maybe that’s just the game and what we have to deal with?

Like it or not, this generation of players need some mollycoddling. It’s basically what Zidane did, and what Solsjkaer is doing now.

You try this kind of tough love stuff, it can go horribly wrong. It only really works at Athletico, and you need to have basically an impeccable CV to try it.
Emery doesn’t have that.

In any case, the football so far has been dogshit, and I have no desire to bin what can be our best player for some directionless bullshit which we will all probably get bored of soon enough anyways.

5 Likes

Those links :gabriel:

6 Likes

I’ll sort them in a bit ffs

So in a managerial career spanning over a decade you’ve found examples of 3 players, all from the same stint at the same poisonous club, as evidence do his inability to manage top players? And let’s be honest they’re not really stars either lol. I’m sure you could find multiple examples of players who weren’t fond of every single manager tbh.

Not sure it’s a very strong argument right there tbh. I think his treatment of Ozil is in line with what he deserves to be honest. If the manager arrives and isn’t satisfied with someone’s work ethic and recognises he gets paid a hell of a lot and that money could be better distributed then I don’t see the problem with that at all.

I’d love for Ozil to be able to stay and work his way back into the squad but we’ll see what he’s really made of.

9 Likes