Mesut Özil

Some of you…completely out of Europa. FFS!

• He’s taken the worst case figures for wages despite nobody knowing what they are (e.g. I’ve seen figures like £160k - £190k for Mkhitaryan - he says £190k)
  • He’s using unrealistic made up values for lost transfer fees (except for Sanchez)
  • He uses figures for waste including wages of players who actually played for us, therefore their salary isn’t wasted
  • He uses a made up figure of 7% instead of £7m
  • He says we’re going to be thrown out of European competitions when we’re nowhere near it
  • He says we’ll get massive fines despite nobody saying anywhere what the punishment for breaking that rule is (I’ve looked a lot and couldn’t find it - my guess is a slap on the wrist)
  • He says the Ramsey deal was pulled because of would have taken us over the edge, as if the club didn’t know this rule existed and it wasn’t talked about every week when Ozil and Sanchez were negotiating.

I don’t understand why you’re suddenly this guy’s biggest fan after a 10 minute video.

We’ve talked about all this shit on here.

6 Likes

Sure. But as you say there is more to it. We took Theo, Alexis, Ox, Perez and others off the wage bill and signed lots of new sponsorship deals etc…

Everton for example increased wages from 81m to 105m (three times the allowed increase) between 16 and 17 and that’s before they added the likes of Theo and Richarlison and paid off two managers. All the while we’re earning more than two times what they are.

I don’t believe there is any issue.

1 Like

We have increased wages - Everton have increased wages, it appears based on numbers you are citing more than allowed by FFP; however, everything else is pure speculation on your part (and mine)… we have clearly spent more on wages and transfers (by a decent margin) in the last 3+ years than previously.

To me, it is a more reasonable explanation given all factors and the potential ROI on CL this year, from a pure financial standpoint. We have a bit of a mess and we know our non-TV revenues are going up by quite a lot this summer and we have expiring contracts, etc.

Alexis was replaced by Micki, who by all accounts is making a boatload. All the other players you mentioned were replaced, probably by similar wages.

1 Like

To a degree of course it is. I’ve read the rule books and done some sums on the backs of envelopes and these are the conclusions I’ve come up with. I’m not trying to convince anyone I’m 100% correct or to join me in my thinking but I’ve so far seen nothing from anyone else to suggest this is actually an issue for the club.

1 Like

He’s not using ‘facts’ he’s reiterating what he’s read, which is the same that we’ve all read, while crying like a spoiled child. We all know the FFP wagebill issues that mean we can’t spend in January until the we get extra commercial money in time for the summer window. Our wagebill went up because we signed players and gave Ozil a bumper deal. Would you rather we hadn’t signed players last January and last summer and let Ozil walk on a free?

Yes we have wasted money on transfers that didn’t work out as all clubs have.

As for the wages, we’re paying market rate pretty much for the most part. We’ll free up plenty of wages in the summer.

If the quality isn’t there it doesn’t really matter if you are in Europe or not. People often refer to that 16/17 Chelsea season but they added Kante f.e.

2 Likes

I have read same facts and research and not seeing your conclusion frankly. I’m not saying that the FFP EPL rule is what is limiting us atm, but it isn’t inconceivable if you look at how much escalation we have had in the last 18 months.

We HAVE dramatically increased wages and we have been static in non-TV revenues (relatively) - we are still waiting out key big contracts that go into effect this summer (new sponsorships)… I’ll dig into this a bit more later as I am actually interested in financials like SwissRamble, but I would say investing now to enhance our CL chances is actually a sound FINANCIAL decision (we are only 6 points out and have some key injuries and known deficits)…

:eyes:

2 Likes

Put the work in?
As much as I like Ozil, this is what you get paid 350k a week for.
it’s hardly work.
Most people I know pay to go to a gym, they don’t get paid to go there.

1 Like

if i got 350k a week i would do those until i threw up blood

2 Likes

You’re taking it too literally.

The message being sent out by his team is clearly that he’s fit and ready to play.

1 Like

was he seriously in istanbul, or are these cunts trying to spread shit

Hence the gym photograph then.

He’s played a fantastic PR game thus far. Not sure he can keep this up.

Tweeting out Ya Gunners Ya is all fun and games when we’re winning and he’s not playing. It’s a little different when we’re playing like crap, the coach is leaking news about how we can only loan players and he’s still picking up 350k every Friday.

1 Like

If I was being left at home every game for no obvious reason, and I was hearing rumours that my manager was getting Ever Banega to replace me, I’d scarper off on a 6 month holiday Carlos Tevez style.

1 Like

Because you are an unprofessional gansta fuck that dont care about the rules :giroud:

Lol wtf do you lot want Ozil to do, post videos of himself crying, begging Emery to give him a chance?

8 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t really criticise Özil for his Twitter postings. These things are managed by someone else anyway so s no point reading too much into it

Damn it, get this straight…

It is not like he refused to work and taking the paycheck.

It is Emery freezing him out.

GET IT STRAIGHT

1 Like