Matteo Guendouzi

He can do one if he can’t be a serious footballer

1 Like

He’s a pretty young kid, lol we arent talking about a fully matured person here. He needs to learn a lesson, it’s not the end of the world :joy::joy:

4 Likes

These tweets seem contradictory. How can we be offering him a new contract if Arteta doesn’t want to play him again and wants to sell him?

3 Likes

covering both bases aint it…if he gets sold he can say ‘told you so’ if he is here next season ‘they sorted out their differences’

Smart asset management… either move him on or lock him in… he still has value as promising younger player… would be dumb to more/less freeze him out and let his contract run down.

And he isn’t a complete lost cause yet - he is young and can mature and develop… yeah, its a pathetic sign of his mentality (I have seen better mentality in 14 year olds) that he needs to be told to stop goofing around in a serious training session - repeatedly… best case for me is we get some dumbass buyer this summer to overpay, but I reckon any price we can get this summer is probably meh so if we can sign him, get him to be more professional this year and be productive, we have a chance to improve the overall prospects (sale or keep for squad).

2 Likes

I think it’s a case of Arteta wanting to discipline him to teach him how things are going to be, not because he doesn’t rate him as a talent.

The contract move could be for the purpose of securing another youngster for the future, like Saka and Martinelli.

It’s also a test to see if Matteo is willing to be humble enough to accept any mistakes, and try and look forward to develop with the club.

Jesus christ Arteta, what are you the bad guy from Footloose.

3 Likes

just threaten to cut his hair, that should get him to say sorry

1 Like

I was thinking more “Nobody puts Matteo in the corner!” But that’s a different dancing movie from the 80s.

2 Likes

Part of being a great footballer is discipline, no matter how good you are nobody wants a clown that doesn’t know when to behave.

2 Likes

Not a surprise.

He’s one of our most valuable assets. Hopefully we can move him on for very good money

9 Likes

Kinda dumb of us to show hes on the outs with the club tho. I honestly just think its a scare tactic for Matteo. If we want rid and hes not even training with us, that hurts our bargaining position with other clubs.

3 Likes

It’s known we want to get rid of him in much the same way it was known United wanted to get rid of Lukaku but they still got a great fee for him.

His market appears to be quite big.

Hope we don’t do any f’ckin swaps.

Sanchez and Cole proved we can’t do swaps

What’s the alternative let him train with the group and be a negative influence to the harmony of the team?

He’s being dealt with approriately.

1 Like

Yeah but we all know when a club is enamored with a player who a club want to keep they’ll usually have to pay over the odds to get him. Dumb of us to both alienate Matteo and then broadcast that the the whole world.

I thought of this song when I read that

2 Likes

No, but the fact they’re using Ornstein as a mouthpiece on this actually gives me hope it’s all bluster from AFC. I’m thinking they really just want to emphasize the fact that he needs to straighten out, we don’t really wanna sell.

Nah, he’s done out chea