Matteo Guendouzi

Guendouzi is a cunt and I’d pay someone to take him off our hands so getting €10m for him is a sick deal

1 Like

We have all had a Guendouzi as classmate or as a coworker. He is the kind of guy to steal your project ideas and get all the credit from the boss. An absolute cunt to the core. Cant believe some people still have a soft spot for this waste of space.

2 Likes

the only ones that seem to harp on about him seem to be ones with a certain agenda

I don’t think it’s as much this as it is the inability to sell for a big fee. We could have done this last summer, or even the summer before, funnily enough, as we knew Guendouzi would never be in that narcissist Arteta’s plans.

4 Likes

You should have an agenda tbh, your agenda should be ur favorite football club not acting like amateurs with every fucking move they make.

4 Likes

Just replace the name Guendouzi with Arteta to make that sentence right. :grinning:

2 Likes

You can only sell a player for what clubs are willing to pay. Not a single big club with any type of financial firepower showed an interest in Guendouzi.

Villarreal, Marseille and some random spattering of Bundesliga clubs were the only ones really linked to him.

We absolutely could have given him a dry loan to Marseille but I think if we did we’d still be in the same position of his market being dry when it comes to big clubs.

We’ve seen with Fiorentina what doing business with smaller clubs really means. Torreira had a fantastic season and they still want to pay half the paltry €15m we agreed with them.

I’m not suggesting we’re a world class selling club but I absolutely do believe with Guendouzi our hands are tied.

While I agree with this, I believe my point still stands. If a player is contracted (and heavily contracted, if that makes sense) to the club, we can surely command more of a fee. When they’re coming to the end of their contract, we get more of a paltry fee. Hence, we actually could have sold Guendouzi 2 summers ago for more money (yes, we’d have all been crying about it in terms of what could have been, but his stock was high and the money that could potentially have come in could have financed the Tielemans purchase we’re looking at now. I’m not sure if the 60mil figure back then was based on a rumour or an OA pluck-out-of-the-air valuation)

Wholeheartedly agree with the Italian clubs thing. If Juventus hadn’t offered that measly 8mil for RvC, we could have been looking at him depart Arsenal in less acrimonious circumstances.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with your position I just largely think with Guendouzi people have massively overestimated his worth in the market. I don’t even think we’d have gotten €20-30m for him had we sold him two summers ago when you could say his stock was at its highest

4 Likes

I’m a Guen fanboy and pro-Arteta :grimacing:

3 Likes

What are the “significant add-ons” I wonder. The article doesn’t say

1 Like

Arsenal get 4mil more if Marseille win the Champions League in the next 2 seasons.

5 Likes

probably sell-ons

Guendouzi could become a monster at Marseille or throw a fit and damage his career. Both equally likely.

Yeah I reckon there’s a solid sell-on clause in there. At least 20%. Might be worth another £5-10m in a couple of seasons

It’s amatter of perspective I agree.

If you call it £11m for a 23 yo French international raised at PSG and who just made the league team of the season, business sounds less impressive.

7 Likes

Which means we won’t get the add ons

1 Like

I saw that but I don’t get what Gilles is trying to prove here. That he is a troublemaker?
He is provoked in that video and fights back, then a bunch of Betis players attack him and he doesn’t back down.

If a players of ours did this I wouldn’t have an issue with it.

2 Likes