Matteo Guendouzi

Yes, as I’ve told you already. Paul McGrath, Gordon Strachan and Norman Whiteside. McGraph was world class. Strachan helped Leeds beat Man U to the title before Man U won it.

Fergie woulda been sacked with the results he had in his first few seasons in the year 2021 anyways so once again, false equivalence.

I’m totally lost as to what is actually being debated here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Not Guendouzi :rofl:

The reason how Arteta is justified to treat Guen and Saliba like shit.

:weary:. Can we not just sack Arteta to allow Guendouzi a second chance here :grin:

2 Likes

No!

1 Like

Fucking hell :rofl:

2 Likes

At this point it’s more important to get rid of Xhaka, Guendouzi, Torreira, Kolasinac and Willian than stay firm because clubs don’t meet your valuation. Squad spaces, wages, the sense of a transformation/something happening is more important than a €10-30 million extra for all those players.

8 Likes

Said it many times, the fucker fuck up our assets.
It could be a 30-40m transaction, and if Guen leave for 10-12m, we lost 30m.

We are paying premium to feed the fucker’s ego and mismanagement.

5 Likes

We over pay for mediocre players and give them massive wages, yet sell decent players on the cheap.
Is there a club in Europe that has a worse transfer policy than us?

4 Likes

At least Inter gets it right every ten to twelve years or so. They appoint Conte, spend a shit ton of money, win the league.

We failed at the British Core, failed at spending a lot to get into the CL through the EL backdoor and failed at “outsmarting the market.” Arsenal really are just incredibly poorly run. Arteta is absolutely part of it too. Being a hard ass and “changing culture” all goes out the window when you’re giving Willian three years on a free, offering Mustafi a new contract, carrying Cedric for no reason and refusing to play Saka at LB because…well nobody really knows. You have to at least marry the culture change with an upward trajectory in performances and I’m not convinced he’s done it yet. A return to the back three and emo wiener cowardice is definitely in the cards.

5 Likes

Don’t forget Xhaka.
Also deployed Auba to the left; refusing to give Martinelli game time (if anyone does think Saliba is so shit and not deserving a stay at the club); instead, he gave Willian and Bellerin and even Holding for so many chances… lots and lots of questionable decisions.

Culture??? What culture??
Everybody knows this is just a term for his job interview and shit in front of media.

3 Likes

That Inter team had the benefit of Barcelona losing their goddamn minds and swapping Eto for Ibra and Madrid jettisoning a ton of players which is how they got Sneijder. Still blows my mind that they had Lucio on that team.

1 Like

That team had a huge south American influence :grin:

Was just looking at the business they did over the course of that season - the amount of ins and outs is big. Arnautovic even got a loan there :hushed:

2 Likes

Yep. Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti, Cordoba, Cesar, Motta, Cambiasso, Milito.

1 Like

Back when the best south Americans went to places where they could progress their career and not end up on the bench of some cunty plastic oil club, playing against teams like Swansea and Stoke.

And now look, their teams are in the toilet.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thats some sick joke honestly. He performed very well in the PL when he moved here, played like 3k minutes in All competitions. Alot of people rated him. We have somehow made him an £8m asset. How the fuck.

4 Likes

Damn shame the way this turned out tbh

Guendouzi, despite his personality flaws, did have talent and scope to improve. I think he’ll do very well at OM tbh

Saliba is watching this btw and will be viewing it as a cautionary tale

3 Likes