Matteo Guendouzi

You know u fucked up when Dortmund are trying to buy your rejects :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Remember when Arsenal correspondents like Wheatley and others tried to spin a story about Guendouzi flopping at Hertha and that he fell out with his manager there?

Meanwhile, the same people waxed lyrical about Mavropano with his 21 apps all season. :rofl:

Arsenal are such a small mentality club it’s sad. Always gotta be trying to spin the PR to make themselves look better as if it’s not translucent af.

2 Likes

It never was. He’s gonna be worth absolute bucks in the future. Another Gnabry style fuck up by us on the cards here.

Not every coach has a huge ego but weak ass mentality like Arteta.

A proven, experienced coach knows a thing or two on how to handling misbehave young players.

SAF and Guardiola did exactly the same thing Arteta is doing with players that would undermine them.

1 Like

I said it in early 2019 that it doesn’t matter how much u change the “culture” of a club if u are shit and can’t win matches you’ll be out on ur ass. Fergie and Pep are proven winners so they can do what they want. Act like a petulant cunt and lose like Arteta, well then ur just a piece of shit.

Also I could be wrong but I really doubt those two guys were so shit at managing men that they didn’t communicate the issues they had with the players. Pep is massively overrated and Mikel’s tutor so I could believe it from him, but I doubt Fergie would be so weak.

2 Likes

Fergie was a flop at United initially

• Tara means see you latter

I know united were bad for quite a while but was Fergie not communicating with players and just sending them off because he personally didn’t like them and was on a mission to change the culture of united in the mid 80s? I’d like to read about it if so. Like I said there’s one thing to discipline a player but to treat them unprofessional by not even communicating is a different thing entirely.

1 Like

Why do you have to use SAF and Pep as example?

There are thousands of losers out there doing what SAF and Pep did, and will they be SAF and Pep?

I have exactly the same chance to be the next SAF and Pep then.

Because it’s proven that to be a top manager you need to control the dressing room. If players undermine a manager they need to be put in their place or shipped out. Otherwise you aren’t the boss any more and you get anarchy

2 Likes

He definitely was constantly trying to change the culture of United in the 80s. He shipped out one of the best CBs in the world because he was an alcoholic. He shipped out their top midfielder Ince because he bought a number plate for his car ‘The Govenor’ and he shipped out Beckham for a relatively low fee because he wouldn’t accept criticism over tracking back.

1 Like

Who said the genius is controlling the dressing room?

By exiling everyone that not his style or his favorite or not being 100% agreed of what he said?

Reputation, respect, and a few more things can win the dressing room, not by getting rid of players and have 23 dick riders on roster to gain the dressing room.

Whether Arteta is the answer or not remains uncertain. Every coach Guendouzi has been managed by say he isn’t the answer

3 Likes

Neither Arteta

First off comparing Fergie in the 80s/90s to any manager today is a false equivalent because times have changed. However you are talking about situations in the 90s once SAF had already established himself as a top manager. Winning gives you the power to do this kind of shit.

25 years later players are different they don’t respond to the same management style. Especially from a guy who’s a shit manager :joy::joy:

1 Like

SAF managed the same way till the end. Guardiola fucked off big stars before he was anyone.

Your hero fucked off Paul Merson when he was the ebodiment of the club.

2 Likes

Once again he earned the right to do that. Can u show me an example of when Fergie was fucking off players like that in the early 80s when United were very bad under him?

1 Like

Are we praising fergie for being grumpy when he let Pogba go for example because of attitude and persisted with Anderson and Cleverly. Luckily he had endless money to throw around to fix his problems.

1 Like

He fucked off Paul McGrath, easily one of their best players, for drinking too much and not taking his football seriously enough.

Fergie’s initial years were all about changing the culture at United and establishing a culture that was completely obsessed with winning, with Fergie himself acting like a dictator. It was completely my way or the highway culture.

That’s not to say that what Arteta has done is working or will work. But there are plenty of examples of successful managers or coaches across all sports who have depended on that kind of culture, readily fucking off players if they don’t buy in. Bill Belichick is another.

3 Likes