Matteo Guendouzi

We will double what we paid for him, after doing our best to tank his value, in a Covid market.

That fee would be fine imo.

1 Like

We will get more for him this summer than last summer due to Covid and his attitude issues after the end of last season. At least now he has had a decent season and Marseille are interested. We will make a profit but we are not going to turn a big profit on him. We need to focus on what needs to be done this summer. If we can bring the players in that we need and sell the ones we don’t we would have had a good transfer window.

They’ll just wait a year and get him for free.

I wonder if Guendog is even on that much. Initially signed to start off in the youth setup wasn’t he? Before taking his chance that preseason making it hard for Emery to leave him out

1 Like

12-15 million is a pretty poor deal for us, but we have limited power when he only has 1 year to run and can’t stand our coach.

1 Like

Seems like he’s a midfielder version of Balotelli with all the disruption he causes. He’s bad news.

2 Likes

Let’s not be dramatic. Nothing suggests he’s even close to the issue Balotelli was. Balotelli was straight up unmanageable.

3 Likes

Balotelli was also immensely talented. There is a reason big clubs - Inter, City, Milan, Liverpool - kept taking chances on him despite him being a head case.

Guendouzi was playing Ligue 2, then got sold for 7m and shithoused around the midfield of an awful Arsenal side for 18 months, then went to Hertha Berlin, now seems destined to be sold to Marseille or Villarreal for 12-15m.

6 Likes

Balotelli was a child. There was no managing it.
Whereas Guendonzi is a petty proud person but is shown to listen to managers he tends to respect i.e Emery

He’ll spend two years killing it at Marseille then move for big money. This club sometimes.

5 Likes

Yeah, although I wonder how he’s going to get along with Jorge Sampaoli. Not exactly two mild mannered individuals ready to put egos aside and collaborate. :arteta:

Sell the guy. He has no future at Arsenal. He is a bad egg and anyone thinking that we can get big money for this guy is deluded…even his manager at Herta said in respect of Guendo…‘it’s like he’s in puberty!’ The guy is a spoilt brat with a bad attitude. We don’t need that type of player anywhere near the rest of the squad. Sell him for as much as we can and reinvest in the squad. Simples!

1 Like

We’ve got like 15 players just in the senior squad we have to move on. That could possibly rise to 25-30 with all the youngsters we have in our youth system.

The earliest we start the better. We don’t want a repeat of the last couple of windows begging teams to take our players in the last weeks of the window and ending up sticking with them. Get people out, get money in, reinvest, have a trimmed down squad going into the season with no distractions and behind-the-scenes drama.

2 Likes
1 Like

Prince of Paris returning to the carpet?

2 Likes

In theory Guendo is definitely worth 25m if not more. Let’s imagine he was a Marseille player who is a nailed on starter in the French U-21 ahead of guys like Camavinga/Soumare, and Arsenal were trying to buy him. What price do you think Marseille would be asking for him?

8 Likes

50m without COVID.

1 Like

I don’t even like Guendo and I can see he’s clearly worth more than some of the bizarre fees being thrown about.

1 Like

Well, he’s clearly not worth under 10m EUROS that Marseille are apparently offering. They’re mad. :rofl:
His value will skyrocket again playing for Marseille next season.

Activate the further year, loan him to a PL club and profit. No more of these shit loans to dead leagues where people don’t even know what money in the game looks like unless they’re selling to a real league for fat profit.

6 Likes