Matchday Chat

You miserable shite :wink:

1 Like

Obviously names instead of avatars.

Would also be nice if a new message forced a refresh. On desktop you have to continually, manually, scroll the window to see new messages. This is quite annoying.

Also would be nice if the messages were top down like the old MDC.

2 Likes

In all brutal honesty MDC is shit on anything Apple related !? Need to know whose posting otherwise you may as well be talking to someone in Asda ??

We agree, it was tested because there was integration wit the new forum. Unfortunately it just doesn’t have enough about it and with a few bugs for IOS as well as no usernames.

With that in mind we have pinpointed a standalone chat application. Unfortunately this does not integrate with the forum but there will be a link to it on the header. To log in to the chat room you just need to pick a username (this would be good if you chose your Online Arsenal username) to avoid confusion. No password required and then click log in.

All your favourite features are back with a few more besides. We will test it out fully before putting the link up. But a public test on one night this week will happen before the game on Sunday.

Cheers
Shill

7 Likes

I have now enabled the chat room for 24 hours so you can have a play and get used to the features and also provide feedback.

To login either click the link at the top of the desktop site or alternative just visit - http://mdc.onlinearsenal.com enter your OA username and click login. You dont need a password.

Admins will be dropping in from time to time so if you have a question ask in chat or post here.

Cheers

2 Likes

You can also find the link in the main (hamburger) menu top-right. Both mobile and desktop.

Happy chatting!

3 Likes

Also, the best way to quickly access MDC through mobile, is by adding the website to your phone’s homescreen. Like this:

3 Likes

Superb - loving the new match day chat bizniz !!

Fuck off, You love it because you got your old pal back - ‘Annoying Bright blue font color’.

[quote=“Trion, post:50, topic:352, full:true”]
Fuck off, You love it because you got your old pal back - ‘Annoying Bright blue font color’.
[/quote]Actually @Bl1nk has removed all the unreadable bright colours now :smiley: We’ve kept the Pink though for @Persona :wink:

2 Likes

Nice work with the new MDC, really compliments the new site!

[quote=“Mysty, post:51, topic:352, full:true”]

haha great job @BI1nk.

Says I’m banned @Mysty “User or IP is banned”
I’m on my phone though.

1 Like

[quote=“TheSpecialCnut, post:54, topic:352”]
Says I’m banned @Mysty “User or IP is banned”
[/quote]So it seems you can’t go and create another account in that case. Interesting to learn.

The chat looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun :slight_smile:

@Mysty is there a way to hid the chatbot. I could see the someone logged in, someone logged out being annoying during an actual match.

No, sorry

I signed in as TheDoctor and someone used TheDoctor & Calvero also? Y’all motherfuckers need Jesus.

You are however supposed to sign in as your current OA username to avoid confusion. I mean it’s pretty childish to sign is as someone else. We can look up IP’s to usernames and then work it back to the forum. If people are abusing the fact this chat service is not linked to the forum account, then we will rethink and perhaps not bother at all.

Please be sensible.

So Persona, please sign is as Persona. Thnx

1 Like

we suggested earlier to have your alter egos banned

1 Like

Actually I pointed out that the torquoise was too much !? Ha you muppet !? :joy::joy:

1 Like