Mat Ryan

And hopefully he’ll be doing a lot of saving :poldi:

14 Likes

This is a great signing! Hope we make it permanent

Did not see that coming. Good quality backup. Hope it all works out and we can make it permanent in the summer.

The challenge, I think, is that Arteta has got to find him some chances to play if we want him to stick around.

:vinai: could see we were losing support among Australians to Liverpool and swiftly acted. Great job Vinny.

14 Likes

Maybe he’ll play FA cup and Europa League games ? Like can often be the arrangement if we have a competent no 2.

1 Like

He was in goal against us when they beat us 2-1 last season

I didn’t open this thread because well transfer season and it’s like a confirmation thread.
wtf

and

Love it

4 Likes

If Arsenalbell and other journos don’t do any legwork, these frauds won’t know shit.

2 Likes

I like that Matt Macey’s full name is Matthew Ryan Macey

Maybe he had the foresight to avoid having two Matt Ryan in the club.

1 Like

Yep he’s still on my bench :joy:

1 Like

This has by far exceeded my expectations. Abso-fucking-lutely delighted we’ve secured a proper backup GK.

Runnarson would have been a calamity and cost us numerous points if he had a prolonged spell in goal. Would have been a complete disaster.

Backup GK was a massive, massive issue for us.

THANK FUCKING FUCK

13 Likes

I was stunned when I saw this break on Twitter earlier, didn’t see a peep of this story before this morning.

Very happy with Ryan as he was a strong GK for Brighton previously and had been in my fantasy team. Nice to have another gooner aswell, maybe we can keep him :grin:

8 Likes

:joy:

Tier one Nissan

1 Like

honestly thought he was about 33, 28 is a nice surprise

we need a new category for the 2021 oa awards, most cringey post

Good man. He’s a keeper.

3 Likes

Fucking hell are we actually being competent??!!

This is crazy. I have never seen @Aussiegooner be so positive in my life. This is the twilight zone or some shit.

11 Likes

Maddison next, make Arsenal Gooners again.

5 Likes

Instead of just goons.

4 Likes