Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Nah, we’ll have Willock too.

2 Likes

Xhaka hasn’t gone yet.

1 Like

Lacazette can also play there to great effect

:santi:

1 Like

All that hype that Odegaard had bought into Arteta and his methods lol.

Our summer won’t be broken by this though, we’ve needed a new CAM regardless.

1 Like

Talk is always cheap.

Ode said he believed in Arteta and his system, then he opted for fighting a spot at Real.

What does this mean?

3 Likes

I suppose if you believe you can become a starter at Real Madrid you’re going to choose that over Arsenal every day of the week.

6 Likes

Playing for real Madrid or being criticized by clowns that rate Xhaka, Lacazette and Arteta.

At least the guy can think rationally it seems

5 Likes

The info does specifically state that Madrid wanted him back not that he is dodging us.

1 Like

They would have been so dumb to not want him.

He is better than almost anyone else they could find in his positon.

Modric and Kroos while still Rolls Royce, are showing signs of slowing down.

He could displace one of them soon and will ball put as an #8

1 Like

Kroos is done, I say it.

1 Like

This is just so… I don’t know man - sensationalist. Most Arsenal fans don’t rate Xhaka, he was booed off the pitch. Most Arsenal fans are aware of Lacazette limitations and most Arsenal fans would gladly see Arteta replaced.

This whole mantra that Arsenal fans deserve nothing is really starting to grate on me. Supporting your team and being prepared to give someone the benefit of the doubt doesn’t suddenly mean we deserve all the shit we’re going through.

I’m not as anti Arteta as most and I actually genuinely do think he’ll grow into being a good head coach in due time. But if we replaced him with a good a manager you’d find no complaints from me.

It’s just tedious now to keep reading the “Arsenal fans are idiots who deserve all the negative imaginable” drivel that’s being spewed about now. People are going way overboard with their criticism of the club and it’s bordering on embarrassing now where it seems some people are more interested in seeing us fail to prove them right then hoping that the people that are failing can prove us wrong and succeed.

15 Likes

You are one of the hardest headed ppl around when it comes to admitting you we wrong about Wenger. So whatever pain you endure from supporting this cancer club is well deserved imo :+1::+1:

Tbf if you don’t rate Lacazette or Xhaka then it doesn’t apply to you.

But ødegaard has been getting unfair criticism. For not creating goals out of nowhere, with zero movement in front of him. In a system that is not designed for any attacker to succeed really.

As a number 10, which isn’t really his best position either.

People actually thought Buendia was better. Lol.

I don’t think most arsenal fans deserve the worst.

But I am not so tribalist that I will support everything this stupid club does works out, and hope it works out.

Personally, if they drive out Saliba for some CB that’s worse than him, I will hope it ends in tears because this club deserves some consequences e.g. Ben White or holding our whatever disappoints, leading to Arteta’s sacking etc.

They are blatantly in the wrong in how they have handled him.
I could care less about being proven right, I’ve been wrong many times and will happily admit when I’m wrong as I have done before.

I’d just want some justice and consequences for highers up as a result of their decision making

5 Likes

I don’t agree all but like what you said, especially the justice part.

Something serious got to be done on Stan, the board, Vinai, Edu and Arteta.

1 Like

Told you, this is far from over. This is gonna go down to the wire.
Madrid is so unstable.

2 Likes

Another loan would be best for all parties

1 Like

Maddison or we riot

3 Likes

The problem is, we are desperate and we can’t afford to leave it late in the window.
If Odegaard is our plan A, then, if we don’t get him, we never have a plan B and we’ll go into next season without a decent quality playmaker yet again, which would be unacceptable.

If Real Madrid want to sell him, get it done.
If they are going to muck us around, go for Maddison.
We simply cannot go into another season without strengthening our attacking options.

3 Likes

Bhavss had Wheatley on his channel yesterday and he said he expects AM to be done around the end of the window.

This screams Arsenal waiting patiently for Odegaard to become available.