Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Looks like we’ve bet our entire summer recruitment plan on signing him.

They better make sure they get it done then.

3 Likes

Love how he’s gone from 25 to 27 in two sentences :grin:

2 Likes

Leap year maybe.

That’s NOT how it works.

:chester:

1 Like

Odegaard and Ancelotti meeting thIs week.

1 Like

What’s the story behind that vid?

Hazard was laughing with his former Chelsea
teammatess right after Madrid got embarrassingly knocked out.

El Chiringuito opened the show like this.

2 Likes

1 Like

Get it done you wasters

2 Likes

Apparently it’s expected for him to stay at Madrid now. So we got burned. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Be interesting to see how he does at Real Madrid this coming season if that’s where he’s going to play his football.

1 Like

Staying at Real will only result in him being marginalized again and eventually ending up at Espanyol or Valladolid.

Arsenal is the biggest club he can hope to play at. We need him because seeing how we’re getting turned down by no-names it’s clear he’s our best option.

It’s a mutually beneficial relationship if you will.

1 Like

God damnit - wanted this guy badly. Surely staying at Real Madrid is foolish if he isn’t getting guaranteed start.

Shame - really.

I’d back him to shine under Ancelotti tbh. He killed it for Sociedad - the best playmaker in the first half of the season in La Liga, but Zidane never gave him a proper chance. Comes to Arsenal and has some quality performances in a disjointed attack straight away before that international break where he picked up an ankle knock and went a bit quiet.

Do you regularly watch La Liga to be confident in that? Even so, he doesn’t sound like Real Madrid quality, yet at least

Yeah he watches La Liga a substantial amount.

3 Likes

I watched him a lot for Sociedad especially after he started getting hype. It reminded me of Grealish this past season for Villa in a way, he stood out as the best player in most games quite easily. It was only a half season but I’d back his talent to shine through wherever in the long run

4 Likes

Yeah, Odegaard was great in late 2019. One of the best players in the league at the time. His form dropped off in 2020 though, for Sociedad and then when he returned to Madrid.

1 Like