Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

3 Likes

Football London also understands that Martin believes in The Tooth Fairy and The Easter Bunny…

3 Likes

Ah yes, Kayakaynak97! I’ve heard he/she/they are a very reputable and reliable source with a terrific record of releasing trustworthy news.

I’m also hearing that SackSackofshit01 will be breaking some big Arsenal news later, can’t wait

9 Likes

I hate this project/ process bollox, we were an established top 4/5 side and we have spent fucking loads recently.

PR team just lowering expectations on a daily.

Clicked on his profile, he does interviews from his bedroom with a bunch of football stickers above his bed. I think mummy needs to tell him to get off twitter

2 Likes

Thing is that’s all he / we have got…There’s no ability, or managerial experience, so “the project” is something all of us fans are supposed to get behind…Very sad…

1 Like

I agree.
The way some people go on about this project, anyone would think Arteta is building the greatest team Europe has ever seen.
A couple of unconvincing wins against West Brom and a Chelsea team getting ready for the FA Cup final and the Arteta PR train is on full steam ahead.

2 Likes

Ha.

This thread is going straight in the former gunners section where it belongs the second the final whistle goes in the Brighton game, and it won’t be coming back :joy:

Sounds like Martin has started celebrating Norwegian 17th May early.

@Electrifying this your guy?
Ceballos saying Laca is the best player at Arsenal now this? :rofl:

I am devastated, especially after @Sol verified kayakaynak97’s credentials.

1 Like

Tbf, this is not news. We heard about this weeks ago. Even Fabrizio said it it on his podcast.
Everybody likes that Arteta smoke.

I loved this guy when he first arrived. Like a breath of fresh air. That Newcastle game was superb one of the best midfield performances I’d seen in an arsenal shirt for a hot minute.

Saying that, I don’t think he has what it takes to drive us up the table. We play with 2 pivots. We need direct front 4. Ode seems wasteful infront of goal but not only that I feel like hes quite safe with the ball when really he doesn’t need to be. I’d rather focus on a midfielder that has more of a presence on the pitch and has shown to score more goals. For the fee he commands there must be a better option for our team?

1 Like

Yes, Buendia at #10 and Odegaard deeper. :rofl:

On a serious note though. He’s still an interesting project. I wouldn’t mind him at all if we extended his loan deal or made the deal permanent for something reasonable.
Getting him early would be great btw so he can have a proper preseason with us.

If they loan him to us he is then in his last year of contract and his fee has been lowered. Would be mental for real to agree to that.

If so do you think we sign both buendia and ode. Considering Buendia rarely starts as a midfielder whoscored has all his apps this season as a right mid( I understand he moves around don’t worry). And scored a single goal in 35 games in his premier league campaign.

Not only that but arteta picking someone like ode as a deeper midfielder? Doubt it. He’s not Santi levels whilst dribbling , he’s weak and often minces with the ball. Don’t think it’s a good fit.

I was just kidding of course. There is 0% chance we sign both. That’s what I would do of course but that’s irrelevant. :sweat_smile:

Odegaard is the #1 target as an AM. Buendia is one of the alternatives.
No chance we’ll go for Buendia now that Aouar is available for £30m, that’s where we’re gonna look next if Odegaard stays at Madrid. Arteta spent half a window(or even more, we don’t know) last summer chasing the guy, let’s not forget that.

It’s always likely Madrid extend Ode’s deal before he goes or put an obligation to buy next summer.
I think a deal can be found with Madrid for £30-50m(I know that’s a wide range but it could go either way) given ESL didn’t work out for Madrid. Only blocker is if Zidane leaves and the next manager demands that Odegaard stays.

I don’t think he’s cut out for the Premier League, seems to be a little light when it comes to the hardships of the League. I definitely wouldn’t be paying the money they are asking for him. Is he really a 50 to 60 million pound player. I’d be pushing it paying 25 million for him. Besides the West Ham game, I’ve yet to seen this prodigy many have been banging on about.

My worry too he had a good chance or two to strike the ball in the Chelsea game and he had the Ozil of wanting to pass it off instead of taking the shot. I think after this Super League stuff as well, I wouldn’t eb surprised if Real don’t want to do the deal with us. As you said he’s in his last year, so a loan deal is out of the question.

I think he be more suited to La Liga or Serie A then the PL.

1 Like

That’s enough for me to want him gone.

Arteta pull strikes again

“I just heard you found the one you’ve been looking…” :notes::notes:

If Odegaard can walk in our first team and settle in straight away then he is only going to get better next season.
So the club should do everything it can to get him rather than Aouar, who has only played in the French league.

If what Odegaard says about Arteta is true and he wants to be part of his plans, then surely we must have a good chance of getting him.

1 Like