Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Lol.

We’ve played shit football on and off for 10 years now. Saying anything else is just bs. Sure there have been short periods (and certain games here and there) where we’ve been lured into thinking that “we are on to something”.

No matter if Arteta improves us after the summer window, finishes top 4 next season etc, he’s doing a poor job with the squad at hand. He’s learned from Pep that it takes a squad of WC players to succeed.

2 Likes

Does it not? Leicester was an outlier. Shit like that doesn’t happen often.

Edit: Sorry, I guess you meant that for Top 4, not challenging for the title.

@The_Invincibles has covered these points already, but just to add - Odegaards way of thinking is already proven to be very different to how you perceive it.

I think Laca will be sold but at present, he is often seen by the younger players as being a supportive, positive influence for them and Ode has spoken about how welcomed he’s felt…

And on Arteta: Ode has been raving about his relationship with Arteta any chance he gets. A simple compliment of support would do, but he goes beyond this in his appreciation.

If we happen to sign Ode permanently, 100% his relationship and belief in Arteta is a key reason, and is already one for why he’s here to begin with.

Arteta detractors hate to see it though.

3 Likes

Arteta detractors are looking at our awful brand of football, shocking domestic campaign and less than stellar showings in the knockout stages of the Europa League.

It’s ok to believe in Arteta. I still think there’s a good coach there I just hate that he’s learning on the job at Arsenal the way that he is.

I genuinely want him to succeed but a lot of the criticisms being thrown at him are very valid.

8 Likes

Excuse me, if in my ranking of evidence:

Shite fucking football, awful personnel decisions, alienating many of our good players, our actual position in the table(!)

Is above - PR puff pieces?

1 Like

Would be a travesty not to win the EL this season. The competition is absolutely atrocious, if all u have to do is beat an Ole lead United, it might be the easiest path to a European trophy in history. If we don’t win it, it’s a massive massive failure. The league position tells you more about a guys managing than a knock out comp anyways. Roberto Di Matteo won the CL, does that mean he’s a great manager? Oh and let’s not get into Emery’s record in this competition :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Who is the many?

Aubameyang, Saliba, Pepe (Vs Willian against awful sides at least ffs), Martinelli.

Also this:

Isn’t something that encourages great faith in our management.

1 Like

As a back up workhorse on lowish wages he isn’t a terrible option. Providing we get rid of 2 of Guen, Xhaka and Torreira and bring in a replacement or 2

1 Like

To be fair his agent isn’t exactly going to come out and say yes my client is shit and nobody wants him lol

2 Likes

Renewing his contract also preserves his value.

Which is a bag of Lidl crisps.

2 Likes

Reckon he’s worth £10-15m.

We tried to sell him before and the most we could do was a loan to Turkey.

If we could get that much they’d have done an amazing job.

1 Like

Elneny would be a key starter for many PL sides. We should be able to get £10m+ if he would be willing to move

2 Likes

Marseille and Leicester were interested in him the summer before that. We kept him and Emery lowered his worth as he didn’t really use him.

Loaning him the next summer was a way for us to raise his worth back up again before selling him. From what I understood, many sides in Turkey were impressed and they wanted to sign him but didn’t have the money. I believe some Greek sides were interested as well but they were in the same situation. Covid certainly didn’t help.

I think he has definitely shown that he can be a solid PL player this season. He’s not what we want as a starter here but he can do the job at other clubs.

I wouldn’t say he had a fallout with Aubameyang. If it’s true he has been late multiple times, I really have no issue with the club/Arteta acting on that. The fact that he doesn’t invest more time in Saliba, Pepe and Martinelli is frustrating indeed.

Guarantee you it’s something about our approach in the game. Klopp was waiting for a long time to beat Arteta. Every time he lost he was salty as fuck post match.

Waiting a long time ? They smashed us 3-1 at Anfield earlier this season ? :thinking:

6 Likes