Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

This deal was always more about what it really says about Arteta and trusting a midfield creator. Not much trust being imparted imo.
How do you think your guy would go under Arteta, Buendia? @Darkseid

1 Like

In the past I’ve said we need to bring in Emi for the next manager, should be around Christmas time next season :joy::joy:

2 Likes

He played a little further back for Sociedad, and he was going after Modric and Kroos’s spot in RM.

So figures smooth brain would use him as a CAM. Rather him than Willian or Lacazette I guess.

But again we are protecting Xhaka and moving players into less effective spots to placate him.

5 Likes

We have the wrong manager and wrong system, spending any money on this is just foolish.

1 Like

Yeah this is my thinking. We are in an absolute hole here because we could sack Arteta but don’t think we’ll know how to get a better manager in.
I honestly can’t see anyway forward for Arsenal right now in this set up.

1 Like

We just had a loss of about 50m for half the pandemic year. Imagine it’s gonna look worse next time around. The club aren’t going to pay him off to sack him. Arteta is here to stay.

5 Likes

European football looks super unlikely right now. That will crush our recruitment for the summer. Arteta has done very little to show that he has a system worth investing in. I say cut our losses in May and start over.

Multi-national corporations are the source of all evil in this world but I love the RB system. That coaching tree has so many good names in it. I’d take a punt on Jessie Marsch who is rumored to be in the mix for the Gladbach job. Let’s lean into the youth with a coach who actually has a plan.

2 Likes

That’s why we absolutely need some one like O’Leary

1 Like

I don’t know that’s just gambling for me. You can’t cheat the system in the PL .
Need something solid but this is a terrible time in football to be suffering. Talent pool is low and getting harder too find solutions anywhere.

1 Like

It’s no more of a gamble than bringing in another coach from the RB system.

We need a coach and a DoF system. Right now we have a coach with, theoretically, the same amount of authority as the DoF and NEITHER really know what they’re doing.

1 Like

Fair shout. This set up can’t last. It’s much bigger than Arteta alone.

1 Like

You busy? Can’t do a worse job than Edu.

1 Like

@sevchenko

5 Likes

I want him instead

1 Like

You keep banging this drum, but the fact that there wasn’t a plan is just bullshit. With Saliba, Gabriel, Tierney, Martinelli and Pepe Arsenal has been investing in the future the past two transferwindows. The execution of it however, that is where the coach comes in, absolutely sucks.

3 Likes

Saliba and Martinelli are being frozen out.

Pepe was a guy bought against the previous manager’s wishes. It was not part of a plan from a footballing perspective, there was something else going on with that deal.

Gabriel and Tierney are the only two that make sense out of that list.

This is what I mean with the execution of the plan sucks. Somebody with sense in his mind would not have given the go for an Luiz extension and give Saliba the chance after his loan. Again. There is a plan. The one responsible for executing however, Arteta, is fucking it up. That I agree with.

4 Likes

I’m still not sure how much of a plan there is. I still worry that Arteta’s far too fond of pashun merchants and older players who will do what they’re told. It doesn’t bode well for recruitment assuming he has any input. For me, the best thing we could do is cut him out of that conversation.

I am so confident this guy will have arsenal fans waxing lyrical if he was in the Xhaka role. If he will ever be allowed to.

(Mainly because he isn’t Xhaka, but also because he is quite good)

1 Like

I like what I’ve seen of him.

Good passing range, good vision, quick feet. Just feel like he needs more freedom.

6 Likes