Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Pogba > Saka > Odegaard > Buendia

:poldi:

My inner who?

(Odegaard > Buendia)

1 Like

Benayoun > Ødeflop

1 Like

Still can’t ascertain what a reasonable fee for him would be.

Ceballos balled hard when he first joined the club, and sporadically puts in quality performances. I haven’t seen a performance from Ødegaard that has hit the heights that Dani has.

Of course Ødegaard has only just joined and by all accounts is a supremely talented young player. Need to see him more before deciding whether we should spend a big chunk of money on him.

1 Like

Whether we should buy him or not is secondary too seeing if Arteta can actually use a play maker properly.
So far the jury is very much out on this. Still seeing a reluctance to truly build around him yet. I’m hoping this is down to fitness for now, but fuck me we need some shackles releasing otherwise we got no hope going forward here.

1 Like

Killjoy > Sol

2 Likes

Wonder when we will get to see him in a big game so we can assess this.

1 Like

Another arsenal twitter oxygen thief I see.

1. Ozil had some of his best performances in big games.

2. The ødegaard stupidity is based in a game Vs Man City.

3 Likes
  1. He is better than Buendia.
3 Likes

Can you back it up though?

He is boringly good

2 Likes

I wish he’d try a few more dangerous passes tbh.

2 Likes

He’s OK, but definitely needs to show more if Real are asking some serious money for him.

@Flexo
Yep. Keeps it too safe most of the time and doesn’t take enough risk.

2 Likes

He did try a couple dangerous balls like the office for Auba etc. But I fear this is Arteta taliball.

1 Like

Or regaining confidence?

I reckon he plays a little within himself at times, he has the skillset to be a lot more bold.

3 Likes

Shall we persist with him or ESR at #10?
I feel Odegaard has the edge when it comes to the final ball but ESR is more dynamic.

1 Like

ESR has not been that influential from the left but its unclear whether that is the positional change or getting played into the ground. I think in theory we are best with ESR on the left and Odegaard central just because that’s the only way to get them both on the pitch while also having Saka on the right (where he is really thriving).

Basically had to come deeper and make things happen because Xhaka and Luiz were happy passing to eachother all night.

Might as well play home there more often if Xhaka is going to continue to hide.

He was good in the 2nd half imo. I wish we had a dashing RB that he and Saka would combine with.

2 Likes