Martin Keown

Keown speaks so intelligently and sensibly when it comes to defensive tactics and instruction.

He just knows how a team needs to defend as a unit. He calls out the errors, calls out who needs to have been communicating, where that player should have been standing, when the line needs to have moved, when that player should have got tight etc. He knows his onions.

He is largely credited for our amazing defensive record during the 05/06 CL run. Can totally believe that.

6 Likes

I’d love to know the true story there and why he didn’t continue at Arsenal or as a coach at all.

2 Likes
1 Like

Fucking love Keown, man is going in. The manager, the Owners. Basically saying everything that posters say on this board.

3 Likes
1 Like

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever hated a player as much as I hated that schnide cunt Van Nistelrooy, maybe Rooney after the 49 unbeaten game dive. But Van Nistelrooy used to fill me with rage with his antics when we played them… Although it was 19 years ago and I had a lot more testosterone and little patience :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Is the big man massively underrated when it comes to the best of the best English CB discussion?

1 Like

He’s in that Denis Irwin category for me. A solid, dependable player who never really stood out, because they never had to, because they were just so naturally good at their job. He had the leadership thing too. I dunno if that adds up to underrated though. He’s ahead of any English CB out there right now for sure.

I still think it’s a shame he never further pursued coaching.

3 Likes

We used to have CB’s like O’Leary, Adams, Bould, Campbell, Toure etc, who were physically and mentally strong leaders, which made them successful.
Keown is up there with the best of them.

5 Likes

No video?

He loves having a pop at Jordan

Keown was about to go full blown Hutton Inquiry on the cunt there.

Stupid Jim White

https://twitter.com/Souster98_YT/status/1679543997541261318?t=2tKo7auPln9XqYqyySp84w&s=19

2 Likes

1 Like

That looks like a penalty to me.

Absolutely not! Shearer laid hands and fouled him first, and then Keown fouled him outside the box!

TNT have made this man sit alongside an absolute array of shit analysing Arsenal in Europe these last years :joy:

I enjoyed him saying “Tottenham have had a nice easy evening off watching Arsenal tonight” :grinning:

3 Likes