Marquinhos

1 Like

I don’t wanna get ahead of myself but he’s winning the balon d’or

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he goes the same route like Martinelli.

Can’t wait to see him in the Europa league.

I’ve just read on a certain place people are speculating whether he could be in the squad for the Bournemouth game, considering he hasn’t been in the squad for today’s U21 game.

Seems quite possible knowing Pepe might be out of the club by that time.

3 Likes

So you’re saying he’s the mystery winger?

Why not?

Se queda.

Does this mean the winger is off the table? Very risky imo.

Early rounds of the cups and under 23 football is realistic for Marquinos this season.

Ok, this adds more context. I think this is wise. You allow him get accustomed at Arsenal and England and then send him out on loan, preferably somewhere domestically.

3 Likes

I’d definitely give him minutes in the Europa League as well.

I would prefer we send him to Portugal and focus on football.

Looks like we have a decent squad player in our hands.

10 Likes

Sorry he didn’t cost 50 million :wenger:

14 Likes

If Saka got hurt it feels like he could do a job, not on the same level by any means, but he could be a cog in the machine as long as the rest of the machine is working well. I’m not sure he has the close control and technical ability to be a top player but he seems like a decent enough finisher, impressive cross, can handle the physical side, and broadly understands the system. You really can’t ask for more than that given his age and cost.

2 Likes

On 13 June 2022, Marquinhos signed for Arsenal on a long-term contract.[3] However, fellow Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers were considering taking legal action against both Marquinhos and SĂŁo Paulo as Marquinhos had signed a pre-contract agreement with them prior to joining Arsenal

What’s this on wiki?

Great performance today. Long live the ‘quinhos!

2 Likes

Plays football by doing the basics well. Good debut.

He was always going to be the RW back up along with Vieira maybe

All of us calling for a new wide attacking player in the window, and we had him in our squad all along!

1 Like

Most wanted a decently established goal-scoring wide forward, not a rookie who performs ok against Europa League opposition.

2 Likes

OTOH if he plays like this in all six group stage matches it’ll be well worth having him around.

2 Likes