Manuel Almunia

Yes and wasn’t Cudicini part of the rumours as well? I don’t really remember.
I hade high hopes for Shaaban, not only as a backup but a eventual first choice.

Sebastian Frey? :grin:

1 Like

There was Fabian Carini, like you say. God, that’s a name I’d totally forgotten existing but I now definitely vividly remember being linked to us lol

The one that came straight to mind for me when reading your post was Sebastien Frey.

1 Like

Wtf is this guy telling our boys?
Remember when this prick conceded a CR7 FK from almost the halfway line?

2 Likes

Almunia is easily one of Wenger’s biggest failures. Awful goalkeeper, far and away the worst first choice in my lifetime.

3 seasons this guy managed to be the first team goalkeeper for us.

5 Likes

I hope they didn’t listen to a word he said :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Looks like he’s got him a soft coaching gig though.

NO I DON’T AND YOU CAN’T MAKE ME

3 Likes

There’s a lot of things Almunia will get a lot of deserved stick for but I always defend him on that one. I was in the ground that night, which was of course a miserable experience but that free kick was ridiculous. It was off Ronaldo’s boot and in the net so fast I didn’t realise what had happened at first. It was unreal.

1 Like

No chance. He has to save that, the free kick flighted towards him at a decent enough speed. His positioning, reflexes and judgment were terrible.

https://twitter.com/marky249/status/1674310823152439296?t=dfuntUdpJDhI__YCDao7Cw&s=19

They really made William Gallas their alpha

1 Like