Manchester United

Meh, we can start worrying when they put together a competent backroom.

They spent 250m in the last summer window, it’s not like their problem is tight purse strings.

Expect to see Norwich scarves out again next season after they draw a game.

6 Likes

Or when Seven Hag gets upgraded to Eight++ Hag

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1669370656511651840

RIP football

Urgh. Arab’s ruining football. Bottomless pit of money. Boring. Getting to the point where I’m rapidly losing interest in the sport I love most.

6 Likes

This particular takeover could be the straw that broke the camels back for a number of football fans.

6 Likes

We need to sign Rice before the Qataris come in. Man United are going to splash the cash this summer.

I’m going to have to insist you stop saying this.

1 Like

And why’s that?

What has them being Arabs got to do with it?

1 Like

Because they’ve got the most money in the world, and that’s why footballs being ruined?

Their ethnicity is irrelevant and you know that. Stop bringing it into the equation.

1 Like

Stop trying to cause arguments for no reason lol. Soon they’ll be 3 Arab owned clubs in the premier league, one has 100+ cases of FFP breaches against them, don’t be surprised if Newcastle and Man Utd both follow suit in a few years times.

If it were Americans, Russians etc. I’d be saying the exact same.

1 Like

And so would I. I’m not having an argument, I’m telling you what you’re saying isn’t on. Moderating you might call it.

Sure thing pal :+1:t3:

How are we going to compete against UAE City, Saudi Newcastle and Qatari United and moneybag Chelsea. Its over, done, finito.

1 Like

Careful what you say mate

1 Like

It’s kinda why last season was so important for us to win the league while we were in a position of strength. Woulda been nice just for the memories, a new generation of Arsenal fans enjoying a title win

I don’t know how we amass that many points again, let alone challenge.

2 Likes

Top 4 would be a good achievement next season.

1 Like

I’m seriously questioning it tbh. Man City winning the CL was the deathblow for me.

3 Likes

From what I can tell, there is no reliable reporting that the Glazers have chosen one bidder over the other.

I’ve been rooting for Ratcliff but if we’re being honest it always seemed likely from the beginning that the Qataris would win if they were serious.

If it happens, it will be a genuinely sad day for sport I think. As much as I dislike them, Manchester United are one of the great sporting institutions of the world and they’re also a club that, more than almost any other, doesn’t actually need to sportwash to compete at the very top. All they need are minimally competent owners. I think it will be very much similar to the LIV-PGA merger if it happens, a much more dramatic demonstration of how much money rules everything in sport nowadays than the City or Newcastle takeovers. There is no Western sporting institution so revered, sacred, or important to a more local or national community that it can’t be sold to the highest bidding dictatorship.

2 Likes