Manchester United

Attacking football wasn’t even Fergie towards the end lol

4 Likes

The thing is that was Woodwards idea. Or at least delivered under his stewardship. New guys, new ideas and they’ve chosen Ten Hag who seemingly made binning Ralf a condition of him coming.

I don’t really disagree with this but on the other hand with all the tools available to a modern manager I can see why he didn’t bother. All out there to see tbh.

1 Like

GNev era was a very direct wing play style IIRC.

No one ever called it beautiful football

The thing is United players are married to this idea of the “United way” but none of them can genuinely tell you what that actually is. Outside of a storied history of promoting academy graduates there’s never really been anything particular about United as a club that’s been consistently prominent throughout their history.

They turned their noses up at a serial winner in Conte to hire a nerd with a shit CV as a manager after persisting with an ex player for a few seasons.

Conte showed in half a season that at the very least he could get the most out of whatever cards he was dealt at the time. It’s hilarious because you’d imagine Conte finishes above ETH next year whilst United fans will have to spend a season making excuses about needing to be patient whilst ETH builds his squad all the while Conte would have gotten them immediate success and left behind a good squad

Long maybtheir struggles continue and hopefully it’s another generation of misery

9 Likes

Neither can United fans in most cases either. Closest thing to an answer I get is ‘When Ferguson was winning’.

5 Likes

INJECT IT INTO MY VIENS :syringe::syringe::syringe:

3 Likes

They won the transfer window last summer, they don’t need to buy anyone this summer :bergkamp2:

8 Likes

i distinctly remember some of their turd eating fans saying they are highly likely to win the league because they got Ronaldo and Sancho. Didn’t work out too well.

1 Like

Ben Jacobs tore Man Utd apart.

54:10

3 Likes

Lol at showing up to work at 9am being this big culture shift at the club.

11 Likes

What time did they arrive before?

probably about 10, with youth players arriving at 9

1 Like

Yeah what’s it been, three days? Fuck off Twitter nerds.

1 Like

Telling players to give effort. Elite.

7 Likes

I’m starting a management role next week, so these insights of how the pros do it are really invaluable.

Cheers Erik.

8 Likes

Remember when these lot were on Ole’s dick?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what was so appealing about them in 2021 that’s now disappeared in 2022. Just being in the CL?

All that’s significantly changed is Solskjaer and Pogba which is surely no great loss to a team that potentially ends up with ten Haag and de Jong? I’m sure he’s not crying over losing Lingard, Mata and Matic.

If they get half of Ajax they could have a good team next year with him in it.

1 Like