Manchester United

Totally agree.

Ragnick moving to a place like Chelsea or City with unlimited money wouldn’t be good exposure for his brand of “genius” because those systems are already in place.

Bayern? They don’t need him.

Real? Nope.

Barca? Broke and also lol.

Juventus? They routinely bully small clubs into giving away their players at a discount.

Now otoh if he moved to Newcastle with unlimited money and a chance to make a name for himself as the guy who rebuilt a club.!

1 Like

Especially if there are handful of big clubs and limited number of positions which is already dictated by internal politics.

3 Likes

His remit is going too be for top 4 this season and basically stabilise the club.
Very doable and pragmatic move. Very much a here and now appointment.
Not great but likely good enough for now. Likely sideways move after that upstairs.

@sevchenko

Do it for me, let me hear you rage.

2 Likes

Meh, a club of uniteds former stature should be attracting top level managers not guys who’ve made a career out of managing inferior German small time clubs.

:laughing:

Good appointments though

1 Like

United starting to get their act together with that appointment. The curtain might be about to close on their banter era.

2 Likes

Woodward is on his way out too isn’t he?

They’re doing the right things to try and turn things around. They’re too big to fail forever.

Why couldn’t they have kept him for just a few more weeks until we go to OT, fuckers

3 Likes

Seems quite a pragmatic move with a view to the medium to long term.

It’s a shame because I was really hoping they’d panic and give the job to Carrick or something like that.

It may blow up in their faces — unclear what this consultant role is, is he the DoF? Something more? Less? — but it looks good on paper right now.

2 Likes

I’d wager he’ll do a director of football job after the interim manager thing is over. Man United have tried everything from pragmatic Moyes, to Van Gaal (whatever his footballing philosophy was) to Mourinho’s bus to Ole Gunnar freestyle and it hasn’t worked.

Bringing in Ragnik is a view to a long term project and brand of football it seems. Just depends on whether United fans are willing to be patient. They expect their team to be challenging for the league but I think City, Chelsea and Liverpool are going to be in their way for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully a resurgent Arsenal can make it even harder for them.

3 Likes

Just having a consistent football vison at senior management level is going to be so useful rather than the likes of Woodward directing the project.

4 Likes

Rangnick probably paves the way for someone like Ten Haag.

4 Likes

Hope he fails miserably.

1 Like

Nerd appointment which won’t work before he ends up in a directorial role.

It’ll be interesting to see how he handles being at a club like United. They don’t operate the Bundesliga model of nurturing young talent with a view to maximising profit on them. So I can’t see this working

2 Likes

Spoiled United fans will get the pitch forks out if he doesn’t show immediate results. They haven’t been beaten into submission yet like Arsenal fans have.

1 Like

If he fails to get them top four it’ll be…

2 Likes

Is this a good film?

I’ve had it taped for ages but just not got around to watching it

1 Like

I’d say it was mildly entertaining. Felt like it could have had a better plot and better character development.

6/10 :hipster:

2 Likes

Have to agree. They had a real golden generation 30 years ago and that’s basically it.

Hope it fails miserably for them obviously.

2 Likes