Manchester City

Similar goal scoring numbers but henry provided more chances Dave, I will say Kun is a better finisher.

1 Like

Aguero is such a weird player to me.
He is prolific but doesnā€™t seem prolific, he is world class but doesnā€™t seem world-class.

He is like Koscielny of world class strikers and I donā€™t really know what I mean by that. Thatā€™s just how I perceive him

1 Like
1 Like

Fair play on him for not deleting it after it became clear heā€™d be wrong, which was almost immediately, lol.

1 Like

This is genuinely an awful opinion especially from an arsenal fan, but aguero isnā€™t far behind.

The ā€˜Henryā€™ of his era if you will. Consistent greatness, no matter the team.

I think this is what tipped the balance in favour of Aguero for me. Hasnā€™t he been doing it for longer than Henry (in terms of playing years) at a top level? (Taking out seasons like this one, of course)

Welpā€¦ City going for Haaland this summer

1 Like

Aguero has longevity sure, but Henry had peaks Aguero never matched (30 League goal season and 24/20 G/A season).

Still Henry for me.

5 Likes

I still remember when City announced him. I was bitter as fuck. I cane to terms that these guys will force their way to the top like Chelsea.

1 Like

Aguero is one of the all time great strikers and can be argued as one of the best due to the length of time he played (still behind Henry and shearer for me).

However i donā€™t think his peak was as exceptional as others, IMO both RVP and Suarez were better in their peak seasons.

5 Likes

Are you sure you werenā€™t more worried about Liverpool signing Charlie Adam? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I remember the day after the signed him I was picking up my folks at Dublin airport. Some guy came through in a City shirt with KĆ¹n on the back.

That was the first time I ever saw a City fan.

My next encounter with city fans was when I was over for a game and was getting the train from Gatwick into Victoria. The Surrey branch of the Man City supporters club were on their way to a game too.

City fans are obviously cunts based on those two experiences.

2 Likes

I think you may have met all the City fans in existence

2 Likes

Missed opportunity to say KĆ¼nts imo

5 Likes

Still get the feeling thereā€™s a fairytale finish being written here for the CL.
Technically excellent and overlooked on those skills for me. Better than Shearer for me.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a long way on a tandem bike.

1 Like

City fans ainā€™t bad. Itā€™s one of the few places you can get beat handsomely as an Arsenal fan and have no bother walking back to your car.

Seriously, though, why arenā€™t we in for Aguero? Arteta must have built some sort of rapport with him. If his contract is up with City, we can get him for free.

1 Like

Heā€™s been linked with Chelsea. So that means weā€™ll get him in a few years on a 4 year deal for Ā£400,000 a week.

4 Likes

As good as he has been, his body seems to be giving up on him after nearly 18 years of senior football. Feels like any club that signs him will end up regretting it :grin:

1 Like

Funny that me and a friend got chased after a milan friendly at the etihad in like 2009/10? Last place Iā€™d expect it, always seemed a completely fine area of Manchester. Thereā€™s just not much going on there at all cos itā€™s not complete city centre.