Manchester City

Now

1 Like

Interesting read. We were talking about this earlier haha

You think they are monitoring us? :eyes:

1 Like

For all you know I could be an athletic writer with how many times Iā€™ve posted about it on here

1 Like

I want to think Pep to PSG makes sense but it doesnā€™t feel right.

Maybe he could convince Mbappe to definitely stay on?

I guess Aguero better start practicing his bleep tests.

They almost do the reverse at times with Sterling through the middle.

I wonder what the after care is like for youngsters after being dropped/not signed? Do clubs just throw them out in the cold, ā€œthanks but no thanksā€ kind of thing? This isnā€™t just aimed at Man City. This time it was one of their players, but next time itā€™ll be another team.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s heartbreaking, what a beautiful young man. Itā€™s so sad man, cuz this kid could have gone on to live a wonderful and fulfilling life even if he hadnā€™t played football. Just because u get dropped tho doesnā€™t mean anything if u refocus and put all your effort into improving. We all know how Jordan was cut from high school basketball. To your point these kids need some better guidance. Although if u suffer from serious depression sometimes all the encouragement in the world will not help.

7 Likes

I remember reading at article on the impact on youngsters when they come to the realisations that they wonā€™t get to live their dream by playing football professionally. Clubs werenā€™t doing enough then and I doubt much has changed now.

There definitely needs to be a much better support system in place set up by the FA through all levels, heartbreaking that this kid took his own life particularly when there is a chance he could may still have been able to play elsewhere and even if not then they should be prepared for what happens if it doesnā€™t ultimately work out. Unfortunately this wonā€™t the last time, these kids deserve better.

3 Likes

I know two lads who got cut by clubs
Neither wanted to play even with their mates or sunday League.
Both of decent standard. One has a gambling addiction and one a drink problem.
They lose their natural childhood at these academies. Not sure if the clubs can put enough in place.
Kids get cut at different ages younger than this lad and rejection is never a good thing on youngsters.

1 Like

No its not but its a lesson that needs to be taught. Losing and disappointment is gonna happen a lot in life, dunno if the younger generation has been prepared properly for that.

5 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s fair. Nature of competition is winning and losing.
Academies stop kids development as youngsters.
We stop these kids playing for teams in their areas amongst friends and building real team spirit.
Stopped from representing school in other sports.
Good few free life lessons going missing here. Playing in a team with your mates of lesser ability and digging deeper for them is one.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a general lesson that needs to be taught sure but this is a dream where riches and fame are dangled on a stick.

Even their family can start tearing into with mental or physical abuse when they they realise that gravy train is never leaving the station.

But surely the journey isnā€™t over at the age of 17, gotta take that loss and use it as motivation. Its all well and good to talk about it here but ppl with real depression issues donā€™t see the world so clearly.

1 Like

Thatā€™s easy to say about taking it and using as motivation on tbh.

The point I was making is that is not so simple to say they need to be taught the lesson of rejection particularly without the requisite support since this is clearly bigger than just a normal disappointment.

This surprises me, thought heā€™d be looking to move on

1 Like

Knows how big the need to win the CL is for him, final step for his work in England if he manages to do it.

Money restrictions for restructuring in uncertain times on other projects probably his main reason for staying.
Probably have strong rumours where heā€™s going within another season if the vaccine works out.

Heā€™s just keeping the seat warm for when Man City come calling for Arteta.