Man Utd vs Arsenal (Premier League)

So so lucky to earn a draw in the end. Still unbeaten since the opening day, but November has looked predictably lackluster so far. We need to start winning games again, otherwise we’re going to start getting left behind.

Brilliant to see both our subs come on and make a difference for the goal at the end. Lovely cross from Ox into Giroud.

Other than that, it was a dire performance from us.

2 Likes

Once it went 1 0 it was a game we could only draw.
I was flat on the equaliser too tbh. Spurs and united with 2 from 6 points says were not contenders for me.

1 Like

We were awful but lolololololol.

Wenger should think about starting Giroud up front until Santi and/or Bellerin come back. We just can’t play the same way without those two. It doesn’t work. So we need to find some other way to get by in the meantime.

5 Likes

Absolute bullet header from Ollie. YES

I thought the games against spurs and Man U would both be draws, and I also said I would have settled for that, but after it has happened it actually just shows we aren’t better than the clubs around us.

Saying that, this result, like the away match to PSG, is a great result but with a poor performance, so at least we’re not losing type of games.

2 Likes

That was aids.

Get the fuck in but!!

2 Likes

Another poor (actually awful) performance in an attacking sense. Defence was good.

Stopped watching after Mata scored for the first time in a long time, because I’m sick of the inevitability against this lot.

‘Great point’, sure thing. :expressionless:

I think it’s safe to say we’re playing the worst of the teams at the top despite the media paying excess attention to the fact we’re unbeaten since the opening day. Talk about masking the flaws.

Iwobi should be starting! I don’t give a damn if he can’t score.

So much seeth. Hahahahaha

tactically it was pretty simple really, Mou is good at killing off our pathways centrally, the tactical solution to this type of tactics is to be useful on the wings instead.

But Jenko and Nacho aren’t really attacking fullbacks thoroughly and the ones who should’ve done it, Ramsey and Walcott on the “wings”, were both arse. Ramsey got nothing done all game, and Walcott looked to tired to outrun a guy already in the second minute and couldn’t pass for shite. And we definitely do not have a Marcelo who could get up and give us +1 guy when we need it either. Subs were obvious and happy they paid off yet again. Glad we have added that to our bag of tricks.

In the end getting a draw away against a top team is not horrible, especially when you’re down a goal but ofc we want more than “not horrible” as a 2016 United should be far from unbeatable at home.

3 Likes

A point at old Trafford, against Mourinho isn’t a bad result.

It was however an exercise in pulling teeth from start to finish. Coquelin, Cech, Ox and Giroud well done!

2 Likes

2nd best against Tottenham, 2nd best against Liverpool, 2nd best against Manchester United.

Dominant against Chelsea.

Unless we completely cut out the Arsenal 0 - 0 Middlesbroughs from the card, you can kiss goodbye to a title shout based on the mini league at the top.

4 Likes

Tbh any one who thinks we can win the league needs to be realistic we couldn’t even win it with Leicester and Tottenham as the challengers ffs

3 Likes

Good post. This match really showed how shit we are in the fullback position besides Bellerin. Monreal is smart, quality player but he has lost a step and is now a liability against any winger or attacking fullback with pace. I thought Ramsey was told to play a defensive game and focus on helping Monreal, which totally negated any threat on that wing. On the other wing, Jenkinson is just not nearly good enough and was clearly very hesitant to get forward, so we had no threat wide right either. With United playing two fairly disciplined DMs in Carrick and Herrera and us also playing two DMs in Coquelin and Elneny, we weren’t going to have joy through the middle either so that was that.

If Monreal is going to be such a liability we either should just give Gibbs a run in the team or look to buy a LB in January. Also, while I can understand not wanting to play Maitland-Niles in a match like this, we should seriously give him a shot at RB in the Bournemouth game at home. I love Jenks but he just doesn’t cut it at this level.

1 Like

We actually dominated Liverpool with our b team defense bar 20 minutes where they took advantage, but we looked good in that game. The other two you are completely correct we got outplayed. And that’s saying something because that Spurs side was shit, and this united side was pretty shit as well, we were just worse.

Appaling peformance from both teams . No mid field at all ,just as well utd were piss poor too. 2nd half we contrived to do even less work than the 1st half . How was that poosible??? Still we drew with our only attempt on goal . how bizarrre .

1 Like

This the first game I.ve watched this year powder and now I know why.
We are a joke. As you say our full backs are just not good enough. Add a disinterested Theo and a clueless Ramsey and it just made it worse.
mrs lengoonet made wstch it while dhe was doing girlie things in the kitchen, washing n things.lll. I watched 5 mins before first half time and secpnd half up to their goal and it was awful. They had no idea and we had less of any idea.
Then when they had us pinied in our half and Moanio was making changes trying to make things happen and Wenger just sat there like a prick I was spitting feathers.We have real quality in most positions, but we still lack quality in certain areas.
But after 10 years of dithering Wenger I think we are further away from wining the premiership than ever.
Wenger needs to go if we are to make progress.

4 Likes

I think that just highlights the importance to Santi to our side, like you said we were dominant vs Chelsea which was the only game outta those five you mentioned that Santi started, the only other game he played was the Liverpool one where he came off the bench and bagged two assists. Without him pulling the strings we still look lost in the middle of the park which was painfully obvious in the games vs Totthenham, Middlesborough & today’s game at Old Trafford just like it was at the back end of last season.

Oh Rio you utter pillock. :arteta:

https://twitter.com/WengerTactic/status/800001696755843072

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/800001582540668929/pu/vid/1280x720/S1A6y7ROPmVwIzi1.mp4

15 Likes

Take that Rio! :wilshere: