Lucas Pérez

You didn’t say teams that “come at us”. You said teams that play a high line against us. Do you think Stoke play a high line against us?

Everton played a suicidal line against us in the second half of the season.

Are you really going to be pedantic about this?
High line is a vague term.
It doesn’t mean opposition has to continuously play one.

There are moments when oppositions attack well, their defenders push forward but a good tackle/misplaced pass catches thosee defenders up and a counter leads to a goal.
Same thing happened against Stoke with Theo.

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/y3wa.mp4

Look at how Stoke pushed forward, and a Coquelin tackle gave Ozil & Theo space to capitalise.

This is what i mean with high line & equivalent opportunities.

Please ffs don’t say ‘you didn’t say equivalent opportunities’.

1 Like

Lol walking contradiction.

Can’t wait to see what Pereth offers for us. Hopefully this move pushes Alexis back to LW, Walcott/Ox to RW and Lucas up top. It’s a really interchangeable front line, Wenger should be having a field day with this.

1 Like

This thread now has 60+ posts of transfer bollocks. @Bl1nk just can’t help himself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What else do you want it to be about? Lol if we just signed him people are gonna talk about him.

Number 9 confirmed by the club. Is he now doomed?

Cursed!

Let’s hope he’s a bit better than the last LP9.

1 Like

He won’t be be static as hell that’s for sure.

1 Like

yeah he’s doomed before he’s even kicked a ball for us, the number 9 shirt is actually cursed

I’m getting a little excited about this one now.

Others might have but I never genuinely believed we would sign a world class striker. It would have been great if we could have got one, but I had decided that I’d be reasonably happy if Wenger signed an unknown if he looked like he had the right traits or attributes to improve us and offer us something different. Something that represented an attempt to address the striker issues.

I would have preferred a younger player who was a natural striker, but that’s not as important as finding a player whose style of play and attributes were what we needed. Lucas looks like he could be that, so it’ll be interesting to see if that turns out to be the case.

In light of the Xhaka and Mustafi signings, as well as Holding representing the promising youngster who already looks useful, in fairness right now it looks like a good transfer window.

8 Likes

Number 9.

Fuck.

Your excitement will be less when he is shunted out to the right and Giroud plays another 50+ game season because Alexis and Iwobi are injured and we don’t have any options on the wings because we’ve sent Jack off on loan and sold Gnabry.

3 Likes

I’m excited about how that person that was a Deportivo fan in that article said his point was that Perez scored those 17 goals without virtually any supply whatsoever from his team. Then I add the plethora of supply we usually provide our clumsy strikers with and I’m looking forward to see what he can do with us.

Xhaka solid already and fits in like he played here for years already, Holding is looking the way I imagine a promising 20yo would in our footballing system, something for example Chambers didn’t fully do (yet) I feel, and a vice captain from Valencia good enough to get in the German NT - considering how difficult it is to get a hold of absolute class act defenders atm I say that for us he is a great buy.

Whatever you think of Wenger this is absolute BS, he went after him because he is a STRIKER and he knew that we needed one…why the fuck would he burn out Giroud and play him on the wing when we have wingers. I know you are butthurt about Gnabry etc but lets be real here, there is no basis for that view at all.

Spent almost his entire career in the wing, Wenger rates Giroud more than Walcott. I think it’s much more likely this guy takes Walcott’s place than Giroud’s.

1 Like

you will likely see rotation with them swapping around to be striker…i reckon you will see him in the striker role, very sure of it. Maybe more than you might think too.

We’ll find out soon enough. imo I don’t think Wenger will drop Theo