Lucas Paqueta

Never gonna happen

At that price? No.

At a lower price. Probably.

I mean theyā€™d have lower their asking price by like 50% lol

No way is this guy worth ā‚¬80m when barely anyone has even heard of him.

This is gonna be Auoar all over again, and look where heā€™s at.

Ā£50m with add onsā€¦

Get it done

I donā€™t think thatā€™s true. The guy was a prodigy when he was younger along with his Flamengo teammate you may have heard of, Vinicius.

Milan paid top bucks for him back then. Sure, it didnā€™t work out for him there but since joining Lyon heā€™s become one of the best players in Ligue 1 and one of Brazilā€™s key players.

We arenā€™t talking about some rando here.

1 Like

It clearly hasnā€™t kicked off for him at Lyon either though, otherwise heā€™d be a much bigger name.

I think Arsenal management should just implement a policy of ā€œwe donā€™t do business with Lyon or Napoliā€ and leave it at that.

So glad we didnā€™t pay up for Aouar either.

Did you miss the part where he is one of the best players in the league? :sweat_smile:
I mean, obviously itā€™s a farmerā€™s league no doubt, thatā€™s why I moreso go off his status in the national team.

The guy isnā€™t a Fred or a Richarlison where he gets a pass in the national team because of lack of depth.
He genuinely is a key player for Brazil and has contributed in critical moments for them with goals.
I think as far as midfielders and forwards go, him and Neymar are the most important players in Titeā€™s side.
Yep, he is currently more important than our boy Jesus.

Thatā€™s ingetesting. Didnā€™t realise that he was a key player. Letā€™s hope those Geordie pricks donā€™t want their own Brazilian trio.

I think if Lyon hold onto him is with him shining in the World Cup in mind.

Like always, Brazil are one of the favourites. If Brazil actually win it, with him most likely a key player, then his price could go 100+m.

Ffs 80m just fuck off.

Can we not swap some of our deadweight? Torreira, Mari, Tavares?

1 Like

This would be so dumb as a move.

Just have to hope it is twitter bollocks.

Any more than the Ā£7m Milan paid for him would arguably he too much.

Have you got the right player mate? Milan paid ā‚¬35m for him and then sold him for ā‚¬20m to Lyon.

Oh well whatever.

Iā€™ve not watched him much for Lyon but I watched a little at Milan.

Decent player, very flawed and not physical enough to handle the Italian League then.

He needed time to develop there before being a good player there. But nowhere near ready for the PL

Hmmm, come to think of it, you are right I donā€™t remember him being very physical back then.
For what is worth, he is very physical now. I would argue from a fitness and toughness aspect he will fit in very well, probably one of his strengths currently.
He is in much better shape than Tielemans and most of our players actually.

Sounds like the word is going out to all Goal outlets.

Charles verifying what was reported and states that the playerā€™s camp expect a bid to arrive from Arsenal for him.

This is a non starter. Theyā€™re not going to sell him for what heā€™s actually worth which is considerably less than the quoted numbers.

6 Likes

I think people saw the Lisandro and Raphinha figures and probably think it works the other way around.

For Lisandro, Ajax are taking advantage of Man Utd and EtH.
For Raphinha, Chelsea jumped the gun with a massive bid out of nowhere which ruined any negotiations we had in place and Barcelona had to somehow outdo them.

Unless thereā€™s some sort of bidding war, if a sale is sanctioned for Paqueta this summer, I doubt it exceeds Ā£60m, all add-ons inclusive.

1 Like

If weā€™re going to spend 80m on Paqueta we might as well go for someone like Maddison.
Surely that sort of money should be spent on a CM, rather than another attacking wide player, especially with the prospect of yet another season of Xhaka starting for us and the Partey situation.

Correctamundo. Weā€™ve done this song and dance with Aulas recently with Aouar, and we were taken to the cleaners before with Lacazette.

Even ā‚¬60m sounds ridiculous. No point wasting time unless that price is wrong

2 Likes