Liverpool

Any ban connected with the severity of the injury is inherently problematic because it would need to be based on the prognosis of the player. A player with an ACL injury might be out for 9 months or 15 months. It depends on their rehabilitation and loads of other stuff. It’s impossible to base a ban on something so uncertain.

If we’re going down that route, dangerous tackles need to be reviewed post-game by a panel and hand out bans based on the dangerousness of the tackle and taking into account the seriousness of the injury.

I’d be absolutely all for players getting 10 game bans. Would stamp out the sly and vindictiveness fouls that happen from time to time.

1 Like

If its was Stoke they would run out of players half way through the season.

1 Like

Good point.

It is also totally unfair because the nature of the tackle does not necessarily dictate the severity of the injury. A far more innocent and innocuous foul can sometimes happen to cause a major injury, whereas someone could be far more forceful/violent/reckless in making a challenge that might not result in any injury at all.

For me punishment has to be based on the incident itself and not the outcome of the incident.

2 Likes

You would think he died lol. He isn’t the only player to have had a serious injury ffs

3 Likes

It was though. It always comes up for a day or two.

We had injuries like this every few games, when Wenger was manager.
When Liverpool are down to no FB’s and having to play CB’s in their position, then they can start to consider themselves hard done by.

Wenger never really complained about injuries and the media didn’t care either so I don’t see the fascination with this VVD injury.
Perhaps it highlights how lucky they’ve been with injuries, in recent seasons, to key players.

3 Likes

He never stopped complaining. Rightly but come on. In fact he fell back on it a little too much in the end.

Classic Klopp :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Cant feel any sympathy. We have been in this exact situation plenty of times without getting any love.

2 Likes

It depends on what he’s in for.
I would imagine not many wives would wait for their husbands if they were axe wielding maniacs.

2 Likes

This is outstanding from the cult of Liverpool. VVD is such a beloved saint of the pundit class that he’s made them decide that England’s undisputed #1 is indeed that sort of player :ozil:

1 Like

Well he use too be a saint.

7 Likes

Can he make a better analogy?
How about husband is serving the army, or work overseas?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah the carry on about the injury is a bit much, Pickford should have been red carded on the day though.

1 Like

You’re wasted on here mate.

I have been tbh at times.

7 Likes

Wednesday now and the media still going on about poor VvD

You’d genuinely think this was the only injury in the history of the sport.

They’re a fucking cult. Like when Suarez racially abused Evra and they wore t shirts to support him.

They’re a weird weird set of fans. They truly are.

9 Likes

We’ve had what, three ACL’s in the past 4 years… ? Don’t remember any of this for us.
Also Maupay injuring Leno recently was just laughed off as well.

Did they actually get it wrong though? Is it not the rules that are wrong?

Pickford obviously should have been sent off, but by the letter of the law the right decision was made. Referees obviously do make mistakes, but what should they apologise for here? Following the rules?

1 Like