Liverpool

1 Like

Toriera plays a basic role with a limited skillset and isnā€™t that good. Get over it.

Bold prediction there, I donā€™t see it in his locker whatsoever.

Letā€™s take a logical perspective, pick the number 1 DM in Busquets and talk about what Torriera can emulate in his game in comparison to Busquets and what heā€™s never going to come near to. Once you put that in perspective you get his level.

I think under the right coaching and playing alongside the right talent weā€™ll be able to see his talents to their full extent. He did a very good job at Sampdoria and he has so much room to grow as a player.

1 Like

He also played a different role than he does here.

It showcased the variety in his game much more.

1 Like

121 million quid raised :clap::moneybag:

Well some are British so the price skyrocketsā€¦:joy:
Anyway, no wonder teams ask crazy money from them. The last couple of transfers did bang for them but it wasnā€™t long ago since almost every transfer they made flopped or wasnā€™t that good.

2 Likes

1 Like

That pretty much sums up why in the last 2-3 years they just made us look like mugs in comparison in terms of transfersā€¦

6 Likes

Our lack of nous in that area is criminal and is the epitome of hubris.

To think some were actually being paid to ā€œmanageā€ that area.

@Gio I truly fear for you buddy. You think itā€™s bad now, just wait till Baldzidis has his claws in and brings that infernal StatsDNA. You got to hope Maldini and Leo see that shit and do this:

3 Likes

I want to see the receipts.

Iā€™ve never seen anyone suggest he was Santi like, so genuinely, Iā€™d like to see who said that because it sounds like bullshit.

Pretty sure you were saying something to that effect iirc.

Tbh, many people believed Torreira looked like a Potara fusion between Cazorla and Coquelin.

Dunno if anyone suggested he was a Santi replacement though.
Most expected him to form a pivot with Xhaka, and that will help thw latter perform.

3 Likes

I posted at least 4 different examples (in the Torreira thread) of ppl directly saying heā€™s the new santi or daft comparisons of the guy being a mix between some of the best midfielders in the world. Things I replied directly to at the time and lolā€™d about.

Tbf the receipts are in the Torreira thread.

I will vouch for A4TT, someone compared him to Santi. Someone definitely said ā€˜Kante and Santi rollled into oneā€™. Hyperbole was gushing back then.

1 Like

Henderson is a 28 year old at his peak playing in a system he has now got used to after 3+ years with the same coach.

Torreira has just moved to England, joined a team with brand new everything in terms of structure, he has to adapt to new team mates / coach / formation and can barely speak English. Heā€™s also 22 years old.

Youā€™ve provided a lovely description of what the two players might do with the ball, but other than being used in a Roy of the Rovers comic, it has no utility in a football comparison of the two players at this stage.

Iā€™ve seen Torreira show good balance and trickery to get beyond / unfoot an opposition player. With my small sample size, I could say that that is something Henderson cannot do even though it may be a few one-off moments from Torreira that are completely unrepresentative of his style or ability.

8 Likes

I donā€™t think Henderson could get in our team tbh.

Imagine all the frustration we have with Ramsey and multiply it by 20

1 Like

Hendo is dogshit.

Iā€™m pretty down on our team and everything, but I wouldnā€™t take him.

Itā€™s no coincidence that Liverpool are improving as his responsibilities are being phased out.

1 Like